Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Leicester 29th June

Riss guesting for Nicholls and Jenkins guesting at 7 for Oxford. Edwards guesting at 6 for Leicester. Oxford have to win to keep the slim chance they have to make the play offs alive.

Edited by Anzum

I’d be relatively pleased if we get a point

Why no Nicholls? Something to do with concussion? Is that from his spill for Peterborough against Ipswich? Or did he knock his head after that?

My brother is at Cowley this evening and I'm seriously jealous...he's very impressed with the stadium and what has been achieved in such a short time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why no Nicholls? Something to do with concussion? Is that from his spill for Peterborough against Ipswich? Or did he knock his head after that?

Crash at boro but he said on TV he was ready to come back and 7 day ban ran out yesterday so can't see why he's not riding

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Crash at boro but he said on TV he was ready to come back and 7 day ban ran out yesterday so can't see why he's not riding

If it's the crash against Ippo he rode on for the rest of the night, I'm confused

He said it was a bang on the head so had to withdraw from meetings for 7 days and that finished yesterday. I'm confused as to why he's not riding tonight. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My brother is at Cowley this evening and I'm seriously jealous...he's very impressed with the stadium and what has been achieved in such a short time.

It's bringing back many happy memories for me, last time I was here I had my old man in tow, it's at times like this standing here on the 3rd turn that I miss the old bugger more than usual. 

I went into autopilot when i got here climbing up the terraces on the 4th turn to get to the 3rd... but of course the pits have moved to the back straight now and you can walk around the bottom of the terraces :D

10 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He said it was a bang on the head so had to withdraw from meetings for 7 days and that finished yesterday. I'm confused as to why he's not riding tonight. 

Isnt it 9 days with concussion which ends after today , can only assume after crashing then riding again in ht14 for Peterborough v Ipswich that he went for a check up and was found to have concussion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Isnt it 9 days with concussion which ends after today , can only assume after crashing then riding again in ht14 for Peterborough v Ipswich that he went for a check up and was found to have concussion 

Maybe, he crashed in heat 3 though, and rode 3 more times

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's bringing back many happy memories for me, last time I was here I had my old man in tow, it's at times like this standing here on the 3rd turn that I miss the old bugger more than usual. 

I went into autopilot when i got here climbing up the terraces on the 4th turn to get to the 3rd... but of course the pits have moved to the back straight now and you can walk around the bottom of the terraces :D

The third bend...my spot together with my mates! Great days!

• Like 1