British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Leicester 29th June

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Crash at boro but he said on TV he was ready to come back and 7 day ban ran out yesterday so can't see why he's not riding

Isn't it 10 days?

50 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He said it was a bang on the head so had to withdraw from meetings for 7 days and that finished yesterday. I'm confused as to why he's not riding tonight. 

Isn't concussion 10 days?

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Maybe, he crashed in heat 3 though, and rode 3 more times

Thought it was later but it was ht 3 he crashed , must of been a form of delayed concussion then

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Isnt it 9 days with concussion which ends after today , can only assume after crashing then riding again in ht14 for Peterborough v Ipswich that he went for a check up and was found to have concussion 

That makes sense then, clearly he didn't know that! 

just got back from another last heat decider match. Crowd looked good too with quite a few Leicester supporters. Shame Oxford lost as it looks as if play offs may be beyond them. Would have been good for the comeback season to be extended. Still, if the standard of racing is as consistently good as the last two meetings then the fans will keep coming back,

• Like 1

An excellent night out and well worth the trip down from Leicester.

Really impressed with the work done to get the stadium up and running and the track was super smooth.

A little bit more grip round the outside especially on bends 1 & 2 and it would have been an absolutely top drawer track tonight.

If you haven’t made it there yet I would say it’s well worth a visit.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, iainb said:

It's bringing back many happy memories for me, last time I was here I had my old man in tow, it's at times like this standing here on the 3rd turn that I miss the old bugger more than usual. 

I went into autopilot when i got here climbing up the terraces on the 4th turn to get to the 3rd... but of course the pits have moved to the back straight now and you can walk around the bottom of the terraces :D

I did exactly the same with walking around the terrace!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't concussion 10 days?

Think it goes on the age of rider

• Like 1

A concussion brings an enforced break, sometimes if the trackside MO feels the concussion is severe they may tick the box that means the rider will need medical clearance before returning to racing.

The end result is after a concussion the rider may feel fit but if unable to pass the test they cannot be signed off as fit to race

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

Didn't realise that! 

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

Under 16  -   23 days

16-19  - 12 days

20+  -   9 days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a great night last night, nice weather, big crowd, a sprinkling of good racing... and a Leicester win!

A big congratulations to everybody that has made Oxford come back... the stadium was looking the best I have ever seen it, it's a great little race track as well with its straight and bends being in good proportions.

That's the positives, things that still need working on...

While the track proportions are good for Speedway racing, the surface was a bit dry and dusty, but that's not a problem unique to Oxford, the "music" before the start of each race got a bit tedious after about heat 6... too much tractor racing and for the love of god SEND THE RIDERS ROUND AFTER THEY'VE WON A RACE! Big crowd in, most to watch Oxford, but all to watch the riders and they disappear back into the pits as soon as they've won a race! No geeing the crowd up in such a close match.

Great meeting though, it's matches like this that keep you going through all the crap

• Like 2

My first visit to Oxford last night travelling down from Leicester, and it certainly wont be my last. From entering the stadium by car with a blue badge holder, we were really welcomed by the gate staff and found a convenient parking space without any fuss. Fantastic stadium and all involved should be congratulated on getiing the facility up and running in such a short period of time. The track produced some good racing and a little more work with the watering could have possibly produced some more lines but overall this was a great advert for the sport.  Found that the home supporters on the back straight where many of us stood were really friendly, congratulated us on our win and wished us a safe journey home.  Likewise the security staff on the gate made sure that it was safe for pedestrians and ourselves to turn out of the stadium and into the road. Great show Oxford! Well done to all concerned and thanks for a great night!

• Like 2

Took a trip to Oxford yesterday - first time I’d been to Sandy Lane. Very impressed with the work that’s been carried out, the facilities looked great, good crowd too. The track perhaps wasn’t at its best, but there was some good racing. Definitely will return in the future.