British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayPortal

Plymouth 'Centurions' vs Mildenhall 'Fen Tigers' : National League : 05/07/2022

This coming Tuesday the Centurions host the Fen Tigers in their National League encounter.

Current GSA for the teams are :

Plymouth 'Centurions'            Mildenhall 'Fen Tigers'

10:30 Guest ?                         9:20 Jason Edwards

6:17 Ben Trigger                    8.66 James Shanes

6.15 Richard Andrews          7.16 Jack Kingston

5.00 Adam Extance              6.40 Alex Spooner

3.00 Connor King                  5.16 Sam Bebee

3.00 Ben Phillips                   3.00 Josh Warren

3.00 Eli Meadows                 3.00 Luke Muff

What's your prediction and thoughts guys?

2 hours ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

This coming Tuesday the Centurions host the Fen Tigers in their National League encounter.

Current GSA for the teams are :

Plymouth 'Centurions'            Mildenhall 'Fen Tigers'

10:30 Guest ?                         9:20 Jason Edwards

6:17 Ben Trigger                    8.66 James Shanes

6.15 Richard Andrews          7.16 Jack Kingston

5.00 Adam Extance              6.40 Alex Spooner

3.00 Connor King                  5.16 Sam Bebee

3.00 Ben Phillips                   3.00 Josh Warren

3.00 Eli Meadows                 3.00 Luke Muff

What's your prediction and thoughts guys?

Predictions Ben Morley as guest at number 1, Extance a no show (again) and different home pairing to the listed above. 

Spooner is possibly RR for the visitors but the result is likely not in doubt. Hefty away win with only the weather possibly beating Mildenhall. 

Mildenhall certainly need the 4 points to stay in play-off contention in my view. Hard to see them failing to get that!

Taken from Plymouth Speedway Facebook

The Plymouth Centurions are happy to announce the signing of 3 new riders for this Tuesday’s lineup at the Coliseum. Ben Phillips who has been filling the vacant Centurions spot for the past handful of meetings has shown great improvement and commitment to Plymouth and will now be a permanent team member for the remainder of the season. Rhys Naylor who rode for the Centurions in their last meeting showed that an 11 year absence from speedway hasn’t phased him in the slightest and he will lineup at reserve with former Plymouth Devils mascot David Abraham. David, who switched from speedway to trails and motor cross back in 2013, has had some recent practice laps around the Coliseum and has impressed Plymouth management enough to find himself at reserve for this Tuesday’s meeting against the Mildenhall Fen Tigers.

25 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Taken from Plymouth Speedway Facebook

The Plymouth Centurions are happy to announce the signing of 3 new riders for this Tuesday’s lineup at the Coliseum. Ben Phillips who has been filling the vacant Centurions spot for the past handful of meetings has shown great improvement and commitment to Plymouth and will now be a permanent team member for the remainder of the season. Rhys Naylor who rode for the Centurions in their last meeting showed that an 11 year absence from speedway hasn’t phased him in the slightest and he will lineup at reserve with former Plymouth Devils mascot David Abraham. David, who switched from speedway to trails and motor cross back in 2013, has had some recent practice laps around the Coliseum and has impressed Plymouth management enough to find himself at reserve for this Tuesday’s meeting against the Mildenhall Fen Tigers.

Interesting group of signings. Not surprised that Meadows has been released but King is likely to get fixed up somewhere closer to home. I thought the governing body decided who was in the 1-5 in the event of 3 x 3.00 pointers and ususlly they place the rider with most (any) experience so that would be Naylor? Either way i wish all the new signings the best but it still looks a tough match tomorrow night.

Would have to be Kent all the other Southern teams seem well fixed up at reserve.

I note Jody Scott's riding again, could he return to Oxford's seven freeing up Aaran (14 points on his last visit) Butcher to go to Plymouth?

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Would have to be Kent all the other Southern teams seem well fixed up at reserve.

I note Jody Scott's riding again, could he return to Oxford's seven freeing up Aaran (14 points on his last visit) Butcher to go to Plymouth?

I was suspecting Kent but time will tell. I doubt Butcher would willingly leave an Oxford reserve berth to sign for further travel 1-5 slot at Plymouth. Also not sure if Scott wants a team place this year (would certainly make more sense to wait until next season and start on a 3.00 for the whole campaign) .

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I was suspecting Kent but time will tell. I doubt Butcher would willingly leave an Oxford reserve berth to sign for further travel 1-5 slot at Plymouth. Also not sure if Scott wants a team place this year (would certainly make more sense to wait until next season and start on a 3.00 for the whole campaign) .

New member on SOKKAR (Supporters of Kent Kings & Royals) yesterday:

Connor King

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

On 7/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, arnieg said:

New member on SOKKAR (Supporters of Kent Kings & Royals) yesterday:

Connor King

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

And lo it came to pass -_-

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

And lo it came to pass -_-

Indeed. No plans to return to NL lasted just under a week :D. No idea what he will be like at Iwade but the same could be said about any track he visits as a very hot or cold rider with little in between. 

Few options about for Alcocks average and injuries racking up for Kent it could continue to be a long (hot) summer.

Adam Roynon a good signing, but how has he managed a 6.00 average! 

44 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Adam Roynon a good signing, but how has he managed a 6.00 average! 

Because that'll be his 3.00 Champ average doubled

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Because that'll be his 3.00 Champ average doubled

On 6 point I am surprised he hasn't been snapped up before now. I remember not long ago he finished in the top 3 of the NL getting on for a 10 point average.

Good luck to him I hope it helps him get back to form.