British Speedway Forum
Roger Jacobs

Wolverhampton v Ipswich 04 July

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ipswich preview reckons Barker has another week for recovery!!!

No, that was a quote from Hawkins straight after Sheffield last week saying Barker “has another week off”, as in another 7 days before tonight’s meeting at Wolves. 

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Rr for Starke 

Batch, Barker and the reserves eligible for a ride although it SHOULD be Batch, and 3 rides for Riss you’d imagine. Certainly makes us stronger and we need to capitalise. 

Barker is here at the track so guess he’s riding

Is Masters riding?

Time there was a rule change intoduced regarding riders withdrawing from matches injured then appearing  24 hrs later.

Tom Brennan withdrew from Newcastle v Glasgow then rode for Belle Vue the next evening and now Sam Masters has done the same after pulling out of the Scunthorpe v Edinburgh fixture yesterday. Surely if a rider withdraws injured he must "rest" for so many matches. Yes I know its their income but (Championship) fans are being short changed here.

Edited by cinderfella

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Time there was a rule change intoduced regarding riders withdrawing from matches injured then appearing  24 hrs later.

Tom Brennan withdrew from Newcastle v Glasgow then rode for Belle Vue the next evening and now Sam Masters has done the same after pulling out of the Scunthorpe v Edinburgh fixture yesterday.

(Championship) fans are being short changed here.

Yes, not sure I'd be overly impressed if I was an Edinburgh fan! But two riders who I wouldn't expect to do that. Tbf with Tom Brennan the track at Newcastle wasn't good that day so may have come into it. Which is fair enough. With the Sam one not sure, can't believe 24 hrs would be that different if foot is still swollen as I am sure I read somewhere. 

Did tell ya about Wolverhampton's reserves before a wheel was turned this season. 

Obliterated yet again. 

Doyle on another level here tonight

Omg beaten them again :o, please can it be a 4 pointer 

R/R the match winner for Ipswich would’ve been lucky if starke scored 2 points.