British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Panthers v Stars 04/07/22

PETERBOROUGH: Chris Harris, Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen, Benjamin Basso, Jordan Jenkins.
KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen R/R, Richie Worrall, Richard Lawson, Lewis Kerr, Josh Pickering, Thomas Jorgensen, Jason Edwards.

Harris to #1 , MPT / Nicholls partnership restored (if both return from injury) , Jenkins at #7 for Palin , Andersen at #5 might be weak link

Jorgensen at reserve which TJ will turn up , Worrall into 1-5  for first time this season  , Edwards should outscore Jenkins

MPT v Lawson for 1st time since recent clash in championship that caused MPTs injury .

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

PETERBOROUGH: Chris Harris, Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft, Scott Nicholls, Hans Andersen, Benjamin Basso, Jordan Jenkins.
KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen R/R, Richie Worrall, Richard Lawson, Lewis Kerr, Josh Pickering, Thomas Jorgensen, Jason Edwards.

Harris to #1 , MPT / Nicholls partnership restored (if both return from injury) , Jenkins at #7 for Palin , Andersen at #5 might be weak link

Jorgensen at reserve which TJ will turn up , Worrall into 1-5  for first time this season  , Edwards should outscore Jenkins

MPT v Lawson for 1st time since recent clash in championship that caused MPTs injury .

I hope Peterborough are selling popcorn then! ;)

Prediction: 48-42. 

A lot will depend on the state on Basso's ribs, as he has crashed a few times since injuring them. Also if he decides to hug the air fence when leading a race like he did at Glasgow on Friday. 

Should promote MPT v Lawson as a local rivals grudge clash like the good old days fans wont have to wait long as both in ht3 then in ht12 ,  MPTs best way of getting his own back would be to just beat him when they meet

Basso seems to of gone a bit wall of death at Glasgow recently, maybe gettiing paid to clean the fence .

Edited by scoobydoo

Bomber to lead the Panthers to a comfortable  win if Tofty is properly fit.

If Bomber continues his recent form, he could score nearly double what RR could get us for NKI. We're not winning enough races for my liking, so will need to be making starts to stand any chance of getting some points out of this one. 

50-40.

Would have normally gone,but will give this one a miss. Just can't see Lynn worrying Peterborough at all tbh.With NKI and Thomas missing can't honestly see where enough points will come from.

Yet again, the regulation about the top average rider having to rise at #1 forces a team line-up change for no reason other than a new set of Green Sheets (also impacted by the continuing reduction in the number of matches counted).

Ironically, with Harris in good form, Peterborough might have wanted him at #1 before this, but of course they couldn't.

This is one unnecessary regulation that needs to be dropped (I've been saying it for too long).

With Iversen I'd fancy us to get something but with R/R I just can't see it.

• Like 1

Right folks, I've just come home from Leicester and if you intend going to Peterborough tomorrow, be warned.

June 27 for 13-nights the A 47 is closed from Guyhirn through to the dual carriageway from 8pm onwards. So you will need to come home on the Snail Trail through Whittlesey.

Then when you get back to the pullover roundabout at Lynn, I don't have a clue what's going on between there and the Hardwick, but it looks a bloody mess, with loads of speed cameras. I know it was closed on Friday at 9pm when I passed so am assuming that it still the case.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Then when you get back to the pullover roundabout at Lynn, I don't have a clue what's going on between there and the Hardwick, but it looks a bloody mess, with loads of speed cameras. I know it was closed on Friday at 9pm when I passed so am assuming that it still the case.

having now opened Sutton Bridge, i believe the A47 is now going to be closed at KL for a while

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

having now opened Sutton Bridge, i believe the A47 is now going to be closed at KL for a while

Yes mate. It's also as I said, closed between Guyhirn and the start of the duel carriageway near Thornley from 8pm until the 10 July.  

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to support with updates from this meeting. If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number.

Thanks

It all seems so disappointing that NKI is actually only riding for 1 other( Sweden) this week as Denmark is on a mid season break- rides next Wednesday in re-arranged match and then not until 3rd August