British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Panthers v Stars 04/07/22

5 hours ago, iainb said:

So 2 leagues, GP's, SEC, Longtrack, SoN, SGP Qualifiers, SEC Qualifiers, open meetings is OK but not 3 leagues?

The restriction of trade law... i.e. Bosman

What contracts do the riders sign/agree to?  British contracts don't really seem to be worth much, given that riders swap teams without any problems. Nobody has ever challenged the concept of "assets", and, as far as I know, the value of a British speedway club does not include any value for their riding "assets" - essentially, riders aren't worth anything ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

KL with R/R. Panthers with fitness concerns over a couple of riders. Basso and Jorgy are the key riders tonight.

14 minutes ago, TTT said:

KL with R/R. Panthers with fitness concerns over a couple of riders. Basso and Jorgy are the key riders tonight.

I think the difference could well be Bomber Harris, if he continues his recent form. Josh and Richard have only won 1 race each in the 3 away meetings so far. But i don't expect it to continue all season, and hopefully they start tonight. I can't see the Stars winning enough races tbh. 50-40

Edited by Bald Bloke

Presumably no Jake Mulford or anyone else at number 8 for Lynn?

Crap meeting so far...hope it improves..and more bad luck for the Panthers but it's a shame Anderson and co can't raise their game..

2 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Crap meeting so far...hope it improves..and more bad luck for the Panthers but it's a shame Anderson and co can't raise their game..

Is the grip down low still.

Why Jenkins bothers turning up I'll never know considering the prices of petrol these days. Never going to score a point unless it's a 3 rider race.

Hans Andersen is a very lucky man too. Only reason why he's still here is because of what he's done for us in the past. Would've been sacked if he wasn't a club legend imo.

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hans getting beat by Edwards is embarrassing 

Wouldn't be shocked if he retired at the end of the season when we announce that we're not going to run next season. Nicholls could follow him too considering he's got a career in punditry / presenting. 

Full time Eurosport commentating role for Nicholls is on the table if he wants it.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Wouldn't be shocked if he retired at the end of the season when we announce that we're not going to run next season. Nicholls could follow him too considering he's got a career in punditry / presenting. 

Full time Eurosport commentating role for Nicholls is on the table if he wants it.

Is the grip all down low again?

Don't think I've ever seen Lyon giving them a team talk either...and some of them need one...all season in our team we've had 3 riders just not doing it.

Edited by chrismorton

22 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hans getting beat by Edwards is embarrassing 

I don't think so. Edwards having a good season. 

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is the grip all down low again?

No some pretty good racing tonight.

• Like 1