British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Aces v Tigers - League - 4/7

Just now, nw42 said:

Even a clock is right twice a day.

I've been a good predictor of many things as you know. 

The 9 worst predictions about Trump's rise to the top - POLITICO

Enjoyed that tonight...

Some cracking racing from both teams..

No guests either... :o

(Not sure if that is allowed in the regulations though)..:D

Connor Mountain and Tom Brennan both deserved more for their efforts, but great to see young British lads mixing it with GP stars..

Plenty of sponsors on the centre green too, and that ball game thingy is good to keep the kids involved, so the Aces look like they are giving something a go off track too...

Biggest crowd of the year at the NSS for the Premiership? Maybe 1800/1900? 

No guests, decent crowd, full on cracking racing from both sets of riders, regardless of the scoreline, interaction with the fans, and all done an dusted by 915pm...

When done this well, what's not to like about British Speedway? 

It shows it can be done...;)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

No guests, decent crowd, full on cracking racing from both sets of riders, regardless of the scoreline, interaction with the fans, and all done an dusted by 915pm...

And next week will be on Eurosport and will be dragged out 30 minutes more. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rob B said:

And next week will be on Eurosport and will be dragged out 30 minutes more. 

In front of one man and his dog...

Only add on for me tonight was they missed an opportunity to get a crowd in next week..

"Bring a friend, bring a neighbour" is not really much of a marketing plan, but fair play to the presenter for giving it a go....:D

Half price tickets tonight, or maybe better, even BOGOFs, would have brought a fair few back who simply wont be there next week as many there tonight will watch it on TV...

Been a better advert for the sport and the Aces brand too, and maintained momentum crowd wise, which sadly will be lost next week...

When you get the feel good WOW factor...

You milk it for all it is worth...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Enjoyed that tonight...

Some cracking racing from both teams..

No guests either... :o

(Not sure if that is allowed in the regulations though)..:D

Connor Mountain and Tom Brennan both deserved more for their efforts, but great to see young British lads mixing it with GP stars..

Plenty of sponsors on the centre green too, and that ball game thingy is good to keep the kids involved, so the Aces look like they are giving something a go off track too...

Biggest crowd of the year at the NSS for the Premiership? Maybe 1800/1900? 

Under 2k and biggest crowd? That is shocking! 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Have you not been watching much British Speedway LC? :D

I would suggest it is a very good crowd...

Poole get 1300-1500 or so dont they I seem to remember Steve S mentioning not too long ago..

Which, given they are Div 2 is no mean figure.. 

When they were in Div 1 they did get over 2000 quite regularly when Ward and Holder rode there didnt they? 

However, they were not getting those crowds when they decided to drop down I would imagine, hence the decision taken to drop...

Any crowd over 1500 is good for British Speedway nowadays, and at £20 a pop brings in circa £30k which means you should be able to pay two meetings out of it and cover your staging costs I would think, with maybe a bit left over..

Even when HMRC is paid their dues...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Newcastle were getting 250, that’s shocking.

• Like 1

Despite the big win some really good racing, Eurosport missed a trick, sods law next week when they turn up it will be poor fare in front of a very sparse crowd, i dont know why people prefer to stay at home and watch on tv, nothing like being there, always been the same in speedway even before the economic problems.

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

1500 + isn't bad these days. I know BV need more  because of running costs.

20 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Anyone know know why the 'bar' on South stand was closed ? Another belle Vue cock up ? 

Did it affect the racing?  Or do you need beer goggles :D

47 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Anyone know know why the 'bar' on South stand was closed ? Another belle Vue cock up ? 

It only takes card which is crazy and the card machine failed so they couldn’t take payment. 

47 minutes ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

A third party cockup you mean, nothing to do with Belle Vue. Their card machine wasn’t working, don’t know why they couldn’t take cash instead but they decided not to serve instead, big loss of income for their company. 

Really good night. Great result. Great racing despite the score line. 

Good crowd. I’d say there was 2k there. There was over 1000 in grandstand and the south stand was pretty full. 

34 minutes ago, mikebv said:

<snip>

Any crowd over 1500 is good for British Speedway nowadays, and at £20 a pop brings in circa £30k which means you should be able to pay two meetings out of it and cover your staging costs I would think, with maybe a bit left over..

Even when HMRC is paid their dues...:D

Birmingham said they had 350 for their match against Edinburgh, including season ticket holders.  Not sure how many season ticket holders BV have got, but a 1500 attendance will not be £30K cashflow, especially if some of those are concessions (of varying types).  When you read how much money is being thrown into the Birmingham pit, you wonder if £30k would be enough to cover costs at Belle Vue, but tonight's income could be a fair bit lower than that.

I wonder how much they get from the TV deal to sweeten the likely reduced attendance next week.