British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Aces v Tigers - League - 4/7

When Sheffield going to bring Stefan Nielsen back?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

typical poole supporter mentality , zero thought for anything else going on in the sport, poole have had the best speedway attendances for the last 20 years, good sides, loads of money available etc, not every team can cut its cloth that way hence several going skint / out of business

But also suffered when success wasnt being delivered...

Big crowds suddenly became "average" when the trophies were not guaranteed...

They are a club that, more than most, seem to do very well at the gate when success is happening, but lose out more than most pro rata when it doesnt..

I presume choosing to drop down into Div 2 was down to not getting enough punters in to make Div 1 deliver what they wanted? 

If they had got 2000 a week I would have thought that this would have been more than enough to stay in the top flight.. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

A solid six points from Nielsen would have all the difference last night.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

But also suffered when success wasnt being delivered...

Big crowds suddenly became "average" when the trophies were not guaranteed...

They are a club that, more than most, seem to do very well at the gate when success is happening, but lose out more than most pro rata when it doesnt..

I presume choosing to drop down into Div 2 was down to not getting enough punters in to make Div 1 deliver what they wanted? 

If they had got 2000 a week I would have thought that this would have been more than enough to stay in the top flight.. 

We are getting better crowds now in the Champ than we did riding on Mon/Thurs in the Prem. Most of it is down to riding on a Weds instead of a Thurs. But slightly more teams in the Champ has a bearing on it too I think. @Skidder1 will be able to tell you the average crowd in 2019. But I was really starting to lose interest in it that year so only went to like 2 meetings! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rob B said:

Their card machine wasn’t working, don’t know why they couldn’t take cash instead.

If a facility is card only they won't have a "float" so customers without the correct change are unlikely to purchase anything.

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

When the BSPA decide he's a rising star :P

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Suspect it has more to do with Poole wanting to run meetings on their traditional Wednesday night.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

In older traditional times it would have got Sheffield the aggregate bonus ;)

18 hours ago, Rob B said:

A third party cockup you mean, nothing to do with Belle Vue. Their card machine wasn’t working, don’t know why they couldn’t take cash instead but they decided not to serve instead, big loss of income for their company. 

I hate it when i go to buy something and they say it's card only i'm afraid, but it's their loss because i walk away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Stefan Nielsen    2m   8r    5pts       ave 2.50 

Not likely to have scored any different than Justin Sedgman.Tigers problems lastnight were in the top 5.

No idea what the crowd was last night but I thought it was a very healthy one to be fair , certainly looked a good crowd to me anyway 

it was a very good meeting , much better than the score suggests,  some of Zagar’s and Fricke’s moves were sensational but for me the sight of Brady Kurtz in full flow around Belle Vue is absolutely spectacular.

I hadn’t actually attended a live meeting anywhere since 1993 until I went to Belle Vue last season and while I can’t get to every meeting I am impressed with the ones I get to and I love watching Brady Kurtz this season, reminds me of the old Henka Gustafsson and Mark Loram days from my last season watching in 1993 at Kings Lynn..heart in mouth at his lines sometimes but great to watch.

• Like 3

Well I was right belle vue just nicked it lol

sounds like a decent meeting  the belle vue lads on it from the word go . Zagar s arrival definitely changed them from also rans into title favourites imo  .could be them and Ipswich in the final  Zagar v doyle would be a good battle 

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Stefan Nielsen    2m   8r    5pts       ave 2.50 

Not likely to have scored any different than Justin Sedgman.Tigers problems lastnight were in the top 5.

I didn't bother to put a smiley on my comment, because I assumed it would be taken with the intended irony ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

17 hours ago, Bruiser said:

No idea what the crowd was last night but I thought it was a very healthy one to be fair , certainly looked a good crowd to me anyway 

it was a very good meeting , much better than the score suggests,  some of Zagar’s and Fricke’s moves were sensational but for me the sight of Brady Kurtz in full flow around Belle Vue is absolutely spectacular.

I hadn’t actually attended a live meeting anywhere since 1993 until I went to Belle Vue last season and while I can’t get to every meeting I am impressed with the ones I get to and I love watching Brady Kurtz this season, reminds me of the old Henka Gustafsson and Mark Loram days from my last season watching in 1993 at Kings Lynn..heart in mouth at his lines sometimes but great to watch.

Bk has been  fantastic this season especially at home, and as you say very exciting to watch.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:22 PM, lisa-colette said:

We are getting better crowds now in the Champ than we did riding on Mon/Thurs in the Prem. Most of it is down to riding on a Weds instead of a Thurs. But slightly more teams in the Champ has a bearing on it too I think. @Skidder1 will be able to tell you the average crowd in 2019. But I was really starting to lose interest in it that year so only went to like 2 meetings! 

Is there a notable difference in figures during the holiday months Lisa? I would assume thats a bonus for the club being able to draw on the influx of visitors.

3 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Is there a notable difference in figures during the holiday months Lisa? I would assume thats a bonus for the club being able to draw on the influx of visitors.

Normally yes, normally a few BV fans spotted at Poole in the summer too (on their holidays i'm assuming!) ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Normally yes, normally a few BV fans spotted at Poole in the summer too (on their holidays i'm assuming!) ;)

I always used to do our meetings down there, have friends in Portsmouth so fairly easy to still pop along the coast for me when im down there.

• Like 1