British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Glasgow 6.7.22

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He did the same thing with the Bandits,gave them a bit “ of a run around”as to when he was going to appear.

Wasn’t fantastic to deal while at Edinburgh either.

50 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

They do actually, but us oldies cringe at the thought of it

A Poole fan is trying to get the Poole DJ to play it when the Glasgow riders walk out on parade on the 13th. But he's not having any of it! :D

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He did the same thing with the Bandits,gave them a bit “ of a run around”as to when he was going to appear.

2014..Berwick..40..181..340..27..8.11..3F..3P

Was reliable that season :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD said:

Claus is now sitting nicely on an average of 6.73 which makes him hugely employable next year if Brum drop him.

It's better than that...

The end of season rolling averages will be based on just 10 meetings. Vissing has ridden 10 this season (4H/6A) with an average of 5.00.

Not sure if there will be any Newcastle adjustments to be made but I would say he's even more "hugely employable" now!

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Please tell me all the Glasgow fans sing this during home meetings right? I'd be disappointed if they don't! :D

Don't be ridiculous lol , it's embarrassing and cringeworthy 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Who comes up with this pish?

33 minutes ago, Paulco said:

No it's not, Speedway could do with a bit more atmosphere.  We had plenty at West Ham in the 60s, atmosphere that is   although I don't remember much singing just lots of cheering and booing

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

It's better than that...

The end of season rolling averages will be based on just 10 meetings. Vissing has ridden 10 this season (4H/6A) with an average of 5.00.

Not sure if there will be any Newcastle adjustments to be made but I would say he's even more "hugely employable" now!

Depends how you view 'hugely employable'. To me, someone unreliable and happy to let his paymasters and team mates down at short notice causing you a major headache and making you scrat around for a replacement makes him 'hugely unemployable' in my view, couldn't care how low his average is. Not beneficial if he keeps going missing... 

Personally I think the authorities should start adding half a point to a riders average everytime they become unavailable without a valid reason to protect clubs a bit 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Would you walk 500 miles to sing that song, or walk 500 more in order not to? :) 

Edited by uk_martin

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Depends how you view 'hugely employable'. To me, someone unreliable and happy to let his paymasters and team mates down at short notice causing you a major headache and making you scrat around for a replacement makes him 'hugely unemployable' in my view, couldn't care how low his average is. Not beneficial if he keeps going missing... 

Personally I think the authorities should start adding half a point to a riders average everytime they become unavailable without a valid reason to protect clubs a bit 

His team mates might  be glad of the chance to get a extra ride meaning more money for them to earn 

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

:D 

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

I'm all.for innovation and trying something new but that's absolutely dreadful. A rare fail ha 

44 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I do agree re unreliable riders not being ideal. Probably poorly written by myself but I was just noting how much more favourably he could be looked upon by certain teams given that he may be on 5.00 as opposed to the 6.73 average originally mentioned by MD.

If he didn't cause any trouble during his Glasgow days then they, for example, could well be up for signing him in 2023.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

I do agree re unreliable riders not being ideal. Probably poorly written by myself but I was just noting how much more favourably he could be looked upon by certain teams given that he may be on 5.00 as opposed to the 6.73 average originally mentioned by MD.

If he didn't cause any trouble during his Glasgow days then they, for example, could well be up for signing him in 2023.

Could be part of a Glasgow Masterplan.!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1