British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Glasgow 6.7.22

See Birmingham TM blaming riders for asking for what I assume was gripper starts. I'd turn that on its head and tell riders won last 2 home meetings it's no changing!!

18 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

How bad was the crowd last night ? Was unable to go this week due to work commitments

1 less than last week:D

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

You should have done. It's made in Devon by monks!

I even went to Uni in Devon as well! lol. Well now I know.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

See Birmingham TM blaming riders for asking for what I assume was gripper starts. I'd turn that on its head and tell riders won last 2 home meetings it's no changing!!

Interesting as Poole always do grippy starts. If Glasgow like that maybe we should change it! 

But really you have to prepare it to how the riders want it. Will be interesting to see if Birmingham change it back though.

25 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

How bad was the crowd last night ? Was unable to go this week due to work commitments

It wasn't bad, best crowd for a long time, and not all Sweaties either.

• Like 1

Sat up in Bar for first few heats and then ventured down.

Id' say if as Nigel has indicated one of recent ones was 350 that last night was around 400-450 mark.

HTF can this consortium keep spewing money getting 400 a week ffs

Maybe their happy to bankroll it and plug the holes with their own cash. Who knows what people think nowadays... 

What really struck home to me  last night was Danyon Hume alot of Brum supporters on this forum loved him,all of them I respect.He had a few injuries along the way but with  Bacon/ Flint was very good for the Brum  before Covid great lad exciting to watch .He got frozen out really because of his average he has really come on  improved just thinking Brum would be a track he goes back to in the future ?( if open) we will see.

Edited by Sidney the robin

14 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What really struck home to me  last night was Danyon Hume alot of Brum supporters on this forum loved him,all of them I respect.He had a few injuries along the way but with Perks/ then Bacon/ Flint was very good for the Brum  before Covid great lad exciting to watch .He got frozen out really because of his average he has really come on  improved just thinking Brum would be a track he goes back to in the future ?( if open) we will see.

Danyon has surprised me this season,thought initially it was a strange signing,but he is having a good season and is a shrewd signing.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Danyon has surprised me this season,thought initially it was a strange signing,but he is having a good season and is a shrewd signing.

He has done really well ; acquitted himself well in the Prem to,Just needs to be lucky in injury the progress is there the thing is his home form has been good away it has been excellent,

He's a smashing lad with a really likeable temperament and a willingness to listen and learn, but sadly never seems to figure in anybodies plans at the start of a season. I think he can go a long way in the sport. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MD said:

Glasgow outgated Birmingham for most of the meeting and held their position thereafter. Danyon superb, moved Cook out the way in ht1 for being too slow! Brum not helped by Ashley Morris struggling to stay upright and Vissing r/r yielding just 5 points. Wish them well, a very pleasant arena to watch speedway.

£140 in fuel though :o! Absolute piss ripping.

Well done for making the journey down, at least you should have had an enjoyable journey back home as its always sweeter when your team wins.

9 hours ago, *JJ said:

It wasn't bad, best crowd for a long time, and not all Sweaties either.

Can you please let me know what is the most offensive derogatory term for an English person so that I can personally call you that?