Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dickie Head

Oxford v Plymouth. 6/7/22

If Plymouth can choose which rider to replace with a guest & r/r, I would have gone with Leon Flint for MPT & r/r for Kennett (everyone gets a ride). Can't believe James Wright was being considered as Andersen's replacement! Just as well Hans is now riding!

41 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Thank you. Shame that because I think this could be a very good meeting. King is an interesting choice by the promotion given his links with Poole and the battle in the playoffs but he's a good rider and you'll struggle to find anyone better for the position needed. Fancy the Glads to get at least a point here. Heat 13 could be worth the admission fee alone: Nicholls, Batchelor, Barker and Andersen. 

Reserves will be crucial as well, Heeps and Killeen are likely to be strong at home but Morley is in good touch at the moment. The idea of Morley and Gilkes at reserve at some point this season is hopefully something for us Gladiator fans to watch out for.

Gilkes can return in place of Morley as I believe Morley was an "injury replacement". Keeping Morley over McGurk would put them above the points limit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Crazy that Danny could help put Plymouth above Poole! :blink:

What must Berwick be thinking then.!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Has Gilkes set a date to come back? Do you think he'll be back for the playoffs?

I'd be astonished if he gets on a bike before next season given the sheer quantity of his injuries. But I'm not a doctor ........nor am I Dan Gilkes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ancient mariner said:

I'd be astonished if he gets on a bike before next season given the sheer quantity of his injuries. But I'm not a doctor ........nor am I Dan Gilkes

Some people were saying September when he first got injured but wasn't sure if that was a realistic date or not. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Crazy that Danny could help put Plymouth above Poole! :blink:

Erodes what little credibility is left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Erodes what little credibility is left.

Unbelievable Jeff! ;)

I get that he wants to earn money. But it's ridiculous! 

Advertised as E ticket only no pay at gate anybody know why ?

I think they are restricted to 2000 at present so online tickets is the easiest way to control this. 

• Thanks 1

The starke R/R strikes again worked wonders for Ipswich last night.

Young killeen should be left to nl for a few meetings being thrown in deep will do his confidence no good

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Young killeen should be left to nl for a few meetings being thrown in deep will do his confidence no good

It's a very big jump.

Phew! Well done Oxford! Thank goodness the Poole captain didn't end up helping another team jump above his own team in the table! As that would be bit embarrassing! :blink:

British speedway sure is crazy sometimes. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The starke R/R strikes again worked wonders for Ipswich last night.

Continuing to bang this drum I see, has Starke been banging your missus or something? R/R didn’t “work wonders” for Ipswich last night as you’ve already been told. R/R scored 7 points last night, exactly the same total he scored at the same track (one of his best tracks btw) a few weeks back. And tonight, R/R again accrued 7 points, so how has R/R struck again? You saying Starke isn’t capable of scoring 7 points in the championship? He scored more than that in every single one of Newcastles home meetings before they sadly closed! Stop talking utter horse sh!t. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Continuing to bang this drum I see, has Starke been banging your missus or something? R/R didn’t “work wonders” for Ipswich last night as you’ve already been told. R/R scored 7 points last night, exactly the same total he scored at the same track (one of his best tracks btw) a few weeks back. And tonight, R/R again accrued 7 points, so how has R/R struck again? You saying Starke isn’t capable of scoring 7 points in the championship? He scored more than that in every single one of Newcastles home meetings before they sadly closed! Stop talking utter horse sh!t. 

You tell me you seem to be right up his back side so you’d be able to see if so. Newcastle home meetings not sure if your aware that Oxford isn’t Newcastle.

48 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I think they are restricted to 2000 at present so online tickets is the easiest way to control this. 

Very lucky to get that amount