British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dickie Head

Oxford v Plymouth. 6/7/22

3 minutes ago, paulboy said:

To be honest bit of a strange choice I thought, not Danny's best season so far!

Why? I can only see one rider I'd chose in preference (Pickering)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulboy said:

Don't see the issue, as Fromafar said it's all about maximising earnings, wouldn't imagine they'd give a second thought what effect it has on the league table. 

That is crazy talk! You're saying that a captain of a club is not bothered about making the SF's of the playoffs? :blink:

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That is crazy talk! You're saying that a captain of a club is not bothered about making the SF's of the playoffs? :blink:

The playoffs will only matter in that they bring in more meetings so extra income, and surely Poole are guaranteed to get there anyway?

29 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Why? I can only see one rider I'd chose in preference (Pickering)

Oh I didn't even begin to look through the options, long past caring about the details lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe King is confident Poole can beat anyone over 2 legs, so it's bothered if the Pirates finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

4 hours ago, paulboy said:

To be honest bit of a strange choice I thought, not Danny's best season so far!

Which is how he's available, if King was riding to last year's form his average would be too high. Must be one of the best options below Kennetts ave

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe you can find out if King checked with the Poole management before accepting the booking?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe King is confident Poole can beat anyone over 2 legs, so it's bothered if the Pirates finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

Nah! Poole have been banging the drum about really wanting to finish top 2 for ages. And really he could have helped Plymouth win last night and could have made it very difficult for Poole to finish top 2. Seems crazy to me and have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about it. As you probably have noticed! lol

Just now, Roger Jacobs said:

Maybe you can find out if King checked with the Poole management before accepting the booking?

Poole management have said previously they won't stop their riders earning extra money from taking guest bookings. 

It's not about guesting in a general sense, it's about a team who we can't afford to get league points and go above us! 

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole management have said previously they won't stop their riders earning extra money from taking guest bookings. 

It's not about guesting in a general sense, it's about a team who we can't afford to get league points and go above us! 

Clearly then, as suggested, King wasn't bothered - he just saw it as an earning opportunity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Clearly then, as suggested, King wasn't bothered - he just saw it as an earning opportunity.

Know for a fact it took him a day to make decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Know for a fact it took him a day to make decision.

Maybe working out points money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe working out points money.

Knew that before he left last Wednesday 

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah! Poole have been banging the drum about really wanting to finish top 2 for ages. And really he could have helped Plymouth win last night and could have made it very difficult for Poole to finish top 2. Seems crazy to me and have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about it. As you probably have noticed! lol

Glasgow will secure 2nd place . Plymouth just needed  a guest . I think Plymouth are happy to be close to a play off position . 

• Like 3