British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

Poor meeting overall, hyper slick track with almost no passing. Had hoped to see better.

• Like 2

Good to see the track doctoring sorry practice session work so well.

But seriously is it normally as bad as that , slick track = shi*e meeting Brennan trying an outside line and goes backwards.

And here was me naively thinking it was supposed to be entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Ah well another drubbing at Poole

Gating on that track was paramount and in the main we didn’t.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We were last out the gate in most heats

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Ulle apart it wasnt good but if you didnt gate you were finishing the race in the same place as you left the second bend. Gives you perspective when we naively have a thorough track regrade at ht10 to produce good racing right to the end. What have we learned tonight?

2 minutes ago, MD said:

Ulle apart it wasnt good but if you didnt gate you were finishing the race in the same place as you left the second bend. Gives you perspective when we naively have a thorough track regrade at ht10 to produce good racing right to the end. What have we learned tonight?

It is clear that we try to place our emphasis on entertainment firstly by preparing a track to race on.

That track was prepared for the home team which isn’t a criticism it is there choice  but it was to the detriment of entertainment.

I know which track I would rather watch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well well well.  Must admit I didn’t see that result coming. Big crowd, good tight meeting with Pirates always having the upper hand. Brilliant atmosphere and all the pirates getting well stuck in to send the Tigers home empty handed!

Perhaps not a passing fest but there was passing in half the heats, but the closeness of the scores and the determination made up for it as the roof came off the stadium on a few occasions. Rather than a neutral watching a feed isn’t the same as attending because those there, (with the exception of the 4 Glasgow fans on the first bend)lapping it up.

Rider of the night was Richard Lawson who was only. Eaten in heat 7 when everyone but the ref saw Ulrich Ostergaard take a mighty roller. Stevie Wonder posted on Twitter, asking how Chris Gay the ref missed it.

Ben Basso’s return was greeted in boos from several in the crowd. It clearly affected him as he was pretty useless. Second season syndrome? On the other hand Danny Hume was greeted very warmly and showed his improvement this season with a battling display. Broc Nichol has scored very well at Poole but tonight was almost as useless as Connor Bailey. Craig Cook battled and made several passes, and Tom Brennan battled along with Ostergaard.

But Pirates were on it and all to man man had raised their game on recent performances. About time too as we are not going to finish top two meaning having to battle past decent teams to make the semis.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Gate 4 was a graveyard. Danyon continues his good form as does Ulle but no other positives. Berwick beat Oxford ending the Cheetahs play off hopes and Plymouth fail to take anything from Birmingham. Second place still possible for us. Have we ever won at Poole? 

Interesting to read the view points of the track when one particular Poole fan slammed Berwick for the limited amount of passing... Oh the hypocrisy! 

Edited by Bandits4eva
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MD said:

Heat one Craig Cook passed Kemp.

Heat 3, King passed Basso back straight then lined up and blasted around Ostergaard.

Heat 5 Zack Cook passed CC on bend 4 for CC to re pass next lap.

Heat 6 DREW Kemp passed Brennan lap two bend 4.

Heat 7 Basso passed B Cook

Heat 9 CC passed Zack Cook lap 2.

Heat 10 Basso passed Drew Kemp lap 2

Heat 15 CC passed Steve Worrall lap 3.

No, there wasn’t any passing! ;)

What we have learned tonight is that Glasgow won’t want to draw Poole in the semi finals.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Heat 3, King passed Basso back straight then lined up and blasted around Ostergaard.

Heat 7 Basso past Cook

What we have learned tonight is that Glasgow won’t want to draw Poole in the semi finals.

Going too wide on bends 2 & 4 by mostly our riders meaning the home riders picked us off on the only racing line you make it sound like Wroclaw with that summary.

It was poor as a spectacle but Poole deserved the win as they outgated us in most hears.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It is clear that we try to place our emphasis on entertainment firstly by preparing a track to race on.

That track was prepared for the home team which isn’t a criticism it is there choice  but it was to the detriment of entertainment.

I know which track I would rather watch.

I agree but continue to do that and we wont beat anyone like this over 2 legs in the play offs. Fairness doesn't get results. Tonight was about gating not racing, I was getting bored watching on TV but Poole got a 12 point win and the fans looked like they were going home happy. Could we pull back 12 points at home if this was a 2 leg affair. No chance IMO, our track is too fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MD said:

I agree but continue to do that and we wont beat anyone like this over 2 legs in the play offs. Fairness doesn't get results. Tonight was about gating not racing, I was getting bored watching on TV but Poole got a 12 point win and the fans looked like they were going home happy. Could we pull back 12 points at home if this was a 2 leg affair. No chance IMO, our track is too fair.

Agree with you on that but we have been doing the track grade every week for years , with PF in attendance tonight will he see how a track prepared to suit one team change his view on what needs to be done ?.

13 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Interesting to read the view points of the track when one particular Poole fan slammed Berwick for the limited amount of passing... Oh the hypocrisy! 

Didn't have to wait til H12 though ;) Generally Poole is a slick track, just the way it is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heat 7 Basso past Cook

no passing indeed . so glad u came out on top .poole . 

looks like i could be the last poster on here . sorry times for Glasgow atm  .well done. the pilots .