British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

29 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Just like to congratulate Poole on winning the league last night, missed it as i was out.

You would have been very quick to comment had we lost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ray c said:

Gaters paradise good win for us good crowd just poor speedway .

For me Ray the entertainment element always comes before the result it should do anyway.A great result for the Pirates against a confident Glasgow side really nice to see young Nathan score a couple of points in which has been a tough season for him.He will learn quite alot from this year he must be tough mentally and i hope he sticks at it.For Glasgow for me Basso and Brennan are key to there season you don’t always know what you are going to get from them ten points between them not really good anough for there ability.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Just like to congratulate Poole on winning the league last night, missed it as i was out.

League match 

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

Anyone would think Glasgow has been the mecca of speedway for years on end - can remember some awful meetings there over the years just like any track. Talk about sour grapes. 

I have never been to Glasgow but I have seen a few meetings on the stream and it seems a good racetrack but it is not always good, even last season they had some pretty poor ones,didn't think the racing in the playoffs was great personally. Poole meeting last night wasn't that bad, there was quite a bit of passing early on with Danny King double pass in heat 3 probably the best. 

• Like 1

Thought the track last night held up well considering the heatwave we are currently having. The track staff worked well and kept the dust away bar one or two heats at the end. But that didn’t stop passing and in heat 15 Craig Cook worked his way past Worrall. Perhaps a bit more water on the track before the meeting.

The main this is everyone went home extremely happy. There was someone behind me who was attended if their first meeting and they loved it and said they are coming again next week. Thought it was thrilling stuff.

Whil we will probably miss out on top two, if we continue to put in performances like last night and not repeat our poor efforts of Edinburgh and Berwick, we will have nothing to fear in the playoffs. This time we are far from favourites so the pressure is off, expectations low. Can we retain the title?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few halfwits booing Ben shouldn't have affected him , he'll need to learn to cope with that.  I.know certain riders who used that to spur them on . 

Disappointed but not downhearted , in the grand scheme of things last night decided nothing , I'm sure we'll be more aware of what to expect if the play offs put us together . Lesson learned , it's still there for us .

• Like 2

I'm sat ere at Poole train station thinking.....

WOT A BLOODY GOOD NIGHT THAT WAS! 

:D

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Paulco said:

A few halfwits booing Ben shouldn't have affected him , he'll need to learn to cope with that.  I.know certain riders who used that to spur them on . 

Disappointed but not downhearted , in the grand scheme of things last night decided nothing , I'm sure we'll be more aware of what to expect if the play offs put us together . Lesson learned , it's still there for us .

You can tell he wasn't expecting it by his pre meeting interview. But was always going to happen imo. Just fans way of telling him, they are not happy he left. Prob won't happen again now it is out of their system. Didn't stop him going into Poole side of the pits though! On the other hand Craig Cook will always get boo'd at Poole. 

• Like 2

I'm now on the train from Poole to London Waterloo thinking........

WOT A BLOODY GOOD NIGHT THAT WAS!

:D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You can tell he wasn't expecting it by his pre meeting interview. But was always going to happen imo. Just fans way of telling him, they are not happy he left. Prob won't happen again now it is out of their system. Didn't stop him going into Poole side of the pits though! On the other hand Craig Cook will always get boo'd at Poole. 

Yes should be water off a ducks back, riders being booed happens sometimes. Personally I don't think it affected him, it looked like his number one bike was working great so he changed it, second bike was better but he was clearly disappointed. It has been said before why he left and I have tongue in cheek mentioned about him doing some Wednesday meetings but the booing was mixed with cheering so not so bad. On the other hand Craig Cook has never ridden for us but as you say he will always get booed at Poole, we don't forgive or forget!! 

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes should be water off a ducks back, riders being booed happens sometimes. Personally I don't think it affected him, it looked like his number one bike was working great so he changed it, second bike was better but he was clearly disappointed. It has been said before why he left and I have tongue in cheek mentioned about him doing some Wednesday meetings but the booing was mixed with cheering so not so bad. On the other hand Craig Cook has never ridden for us but as you say he will always get booed at Poole, we don't forgive or forget!! 

Doesn't bother Craig , he gets booed at most places 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Were you expecting him or her to come on here congratulating us on a terrific win .

Nope, but surely we cheated....SOMEHOW :rofl:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Sure track would have been fine if Glasgow had won. Pinny is right, it is a bit of sour grapes. Because no matter the predictions Glasgow thought they just turn up and win. 

You seriously think that track was fine.

Edited by Gazc

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You seriously think that track was fine.

I didn't say that! Some Glasgow fans are blaming everything on it, when it wasn't as bad as you make out. I bet if it was watched back there were more passes last night than at Edinburgh and Berwick put together last weekend. 

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heat one Craig Cook passed Kemp.

Heat 3, King passed Basso back straight then lined up and blasted around Ostergaard.

Heat 5 Zack Cook passed CC on bend 4 for CC to re pass next lap.

Heat 6 DREW Kemp passed Brennan lap two bend 4.

Heat 7 Basso passed B Cook

Heat 9 CC passed Zack Cook lap 2.

Heat 10 Basso passed Drew Kemp lap 2

Heat 15 CC passed Steve Worrall lap 3.

No, there wasn’t any passing! ;)

What we have learned tonight is that Glasgow won’t want to draw Poole in the semi finals.

just a reminder for those with tinted glasses on .( keep tight hold of that white stick , you may need it later on in life ) or maybe even now .