British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

just a reminder for those with tinted glasses on .( keep tight hold of that white stick , you may need it later on in life ) or maybe even now .

I forgot the pass in heat 2 where Nicol took Ablitt. 
And heat 8 when Hume went around the outside of B Cook entering bend 3.

Seems sour grapes are out in force to deflect admitting their team took a beating. So many passes last night.

A great nights entertainment with the big crowd going home very happy. More next week please!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I didn't say that! Some Glasgow fans are blaming everything on it, when it wasn't as bad as you make out. I bet if it was watched back there were more passes last night than at Edinburgh and Berwick put together last weekend. 

Yeah I hate using that as an excuse . That's what the Monarchs use after a defeat , we don't want to go down that road . After all , good or bad , the track is the same for both sides 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes should be water off a ducks back, riders being booed happens sometimes. Personally I don't think it affected him, it looked like his number one bike was working great so he changed it, second bike was better but he was clearly disappointed. It has been said before why he left and I have tongue in cheek mentioned about him doing some Wednesday meetings but the booing was mixed with cheering so not so bad. On the other hand Craig Cook has never ridden for us but as you say he will always get booed at Poole, we don't forgive or forget!! 

Idk FB! He looked a bit sad and put out in the pits.

I guess the Sport should at least be grateful that you didn't have to resort to Lawson ramming opposition amidships this week to win....

• Haha 2

Some of these topics quickly become laughable 

Let's be honest I as a glasgow fan of too many yearsI have forgotten, history tells us a win at Poole is just never on the agenda.Probably exceeded expectations in my view last night.Track conditions have bound to be different over the years so it is really irrelevant result always the same home win

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Idk FB! He looked a bit sad and put out in the pits.

Yeah I think that was more to do with his lack of performance, he seemed better on his second bike so maybe mechanical. Still wish he was still Poole though. Also Hume did well and he did a good pass in heat 8.Quite a few passes last night. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

You seriously think that track was fine.

The track wasn't fine - but fair play to the track staff for getting it into a raceable condition in the extra hot conditions. (Looking at the forecasted temperatures for next week, goodness knows what conditions will be like - at least its nice and smooth now though!)

PS Could somebody please contact the handful of Glasgow fans on the first bend and ask them to return all the shale they must have been covered in and taken away with them......!!:D

Edited by Skidder1

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah I think that was more to do with his lack of performance, he seemed better on his second bike so maybe mechanical. Still wish he was still Poole though. Also Hume did well and he did a good pass in heat 8.Quite a few passes last night. 

Yes agree lots of passing and a very entertaining meeting. Surprised, or perhaps not surprised, to return home and read a string of negative comments on the meeting (mostly from Glasgow fans) about how rubbish the meeting was, when in truth it was excellent entertainment. 

Pleased to see Danny Hume develop into the rider he is today and I believe there’s more to come. Saw it in glimpses last season and would have loved to have had him in this years lineup but it wasn’t to be. 

Ben Basso wasn’t roundly booed. Enough in the grandstand so he knew of the displeasure of what happened. Craig Cook was more roundly booed as is the norm when he visits. Again nothing to the reception he would have got at Eastbourne.

I visit nearly all tracks and have to say away riders are much more warmly applauded when at Wimborne Road than any other track. Some tracks away riders are greeted with silence or a few boos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I forgot the pass in heat 2 where Nicol took Ablitt. 
And heat 8 when Hume went around the outside of B Cook entering bend 3.

Seems sour grapes are out in force to deflect admitting their team took a beating. So many passes last night.

A great nights entertainment with the big crowd going home very happy. More next week please!

If that's what you think is entertaining speedway good luck to you. Beaten by the better team no complaints at all, but about as entertaining as the Berwick Poole match IMO. Maybe we're just a wee bit spoilt at ashfield now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

4AF8F9BE-6AAB-4225-A78D-26E3AF3FF6DD.jpeg

Richard had four laps to pass Ostergaard but didnt. Wonder what the issue was?

• Haha 1

I hope somebody moves on the start line tonight in his first race and fires him up! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MD said:

Richard had four laps to pass Ostergaard but didnt. Wonder what the issue was?

Ostergaard having a massive roller the whole stadium saw with the exception of the ref. 

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I hope somebody moves on the start line tonight in his first race and fires him up! 

:D Just tell him he is riding for Poole ;)