Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Edinburgh 16/07/22 CL

5 minutes ago, screm said:

You can only blame the way the sport is run in GB,riders rule the roost.He is not the first or the last to do as they see what is best for themselves.

Nothing will change nowadays.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So if Leicester 1st, Poole 2nd and Glasgow and Plymouth make it through the QF. Who would Leicester choose out of Glasgow and Plymouth? If Glasgow is chosen and Poole get Plymouth, think I'd rather Poole come 3rd, hope to get through QF and face Leicester! 

But might change my mind yet, depends how we do at Plymouth on Tues. 

It's all to play for. 

I'll be surprised if Poole don't find an Aussie zinger to replace Ablitt. 

Glasgow look solid all round especially at reserve with Hume and Bailey, Bailey massively improved. However Cook isn't the Craig of old and Brennan and Basso in that outstanding on occasions but average next match phase of their careers. Not the strong team they were with Rasmus in it. 

Leicester have strong home team but need a number 7 and Thompson away form us an achilles heel

If Plymouth can get MPT  and Hans fit and Gilkes back and keep Guest or even RR for Kennett if he's second in averages would be very strong though carrying a reserve

Redcar look massive dangers to me, Edwards is a revelation chipping in paid 6 or 7 up at number 2, and Jenkins strong at reserve. If they click are dangers. 

Can't decide Monarchs or Scunny 6th place, probably just Monarchs. 

Certainly lot more interesting than the 6 team borefest

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

The 3-3 in heat 1, if all subsequent scores had followed the same pattern, would've meant no T/S allowed, therefore no 1-5 in heat 9.

Swings and roundabouts. Or chains and, er, something else unchainlike :unsure:

Well worked out,  I was more like .....it wasn't me it was me brain' to quote grandad in Only Fools & Horses :D

50 minutes ago, screm said:

Sam Masters racing in Poland today, the powers of healing.

What a farce. And not for the first time from Masters either.

59 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Think like illness need to start putting a nominal number of days can't ride. Not being fit Saturday, but can ride Poland on Sunday and no doubt for wolves on Monday is farcical. Bet not as ostracised as much as Claus vissing!!

1 hour ago, HGould said:

It's all to play for. 

Glasgow look solid all round especially at reserve with Hume and Bailey, Bailey massively improved. However Cook isn't the Craig of old and Brennan and Basso in that outstanding on occasions but average next match phase of their careers. Not the strong team they were with Rasmus in it. 

Leicester have strong home team but need a number 7 and Thompson away form us an achilles heel

If Plymouth can get MPT  and Hans fit and Gilkes back and keep Guest or even RR for Kennett if he's second in averages would be very strong though carrying a reserve

Redcar look massive dangers to me, Edwards is a revelation chipping in paid 6 or 7 up at number 2, and Jenkins strong at reserve. If they click are dangers. 

Haha, what Aussie zinger would be a 2 point average,Ablitt may not be great but he is a battler so i think he will keep him, if Zach could find some form that would be a bonus, if not he is the one that needs replacing.

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Why a farce ????? Would you ride in the UK when the alternative is to earn threefold in Poland. I know what I would do. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Think like illness need to start putting a nominal number of days can't ride. Not being fit Saturday, but can ride Poland on Sunday and no doubt for wolves on Monday is farcical. Bet not as ostracised as much as Claus vissing!!

Unfortunately its the way it has been for many years though would doubt Castagna or Fredrickson could pull this and keep their team place.

Going by the 4 points today seems he’s still not very fit. 

anyway very impressive performance on the road. A point a never thought we’d get close to but we’ll done to the boys for sticking in and pulling it off.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

It's all to play for. 

Can only replace with another 2 pointer, plus Nathan is beating some good reserves now. Sarjaent at Edinburgh and even more impressive Connor Bailey at Poole, who is on a 5 point average!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Haha, what Aussie zinger would be a 2 point average,Ablitt may not be great but he is a battler so i think he will keep him, if Zach could find some form that would be a bonus, if not he is the one that needs replacing.

Won't happen now we beat Glasgow at home. If we lost at home to Glasgow easily, be interesting to see what would have happened! 

3 hours ago, iainb said:

And if Ed Kennett can get over his injury woes they'll be quite a formidable outfit

Maybe Ed should go and spend some time in Poland...?

I believe the air over there can heal Speedway riders in particular very quickly...;):D

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Don`t think they can

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS

– The quarter-finals will consist of the 3rd v 6th placed team and 4th v 5th placed team, the top two teams will go direct to the semi-final.
– The team who finishes top will have the pick of the quarter-final winners in the semi-finals.
– All ties are over two legs, and any aggregate ties will be resolved by the Golden Heats format.

Ok changed format from top flight 4 team playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ok changed format from top flight 4 team playoffs. 

You don't remember the playoffs last year then Steve? ;) I had inkling of a rule that we couldn't pick Glasgow last year. 

Apparently in Prem even 1st place doesn't get a pick anymore. They just play 4th in SF?