British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Edinburgh 16/07/22 CL

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance. 

1   62.15
2   64.00
3   61.44
4   62.31
5   61.50
6   61.62
7   62.94
8   63.59
9   62.06
10   61.94
11   61.82
12   63.78
13   62.87
14   63.38
15   62.50
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, King Jamie said:

What a farce. And not for the first time from Masters either.

But the difference between this and other situations you might believe to be similar, is that there is absolutely no doubt that Sam is injured. He has a broken bone in his foot. He is trying to miss as few meetings as possible. If he was not injured, he would not have missed any matches.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hackett said:

Why a farce ????? Would you ride in the UK when the alternative is to earn threefold in Poland. I know what I would do. 

Aye, as long as he's pocketing enough zloty to pay for nappies and the mortgage, who cares about his contractual duties in the UK? Conscious much?

I like the news snippet on the Monarchs website. Says something like, "he'll miss KL and Leicester and have treatment this weekend. He won't miss any more meetings."

Perhaps they should have gone with, "he'll miss KL and Leicester and have treatment on Saturday before returning to action in sunny Polska 24 hours later."

Wonder what sort of reaction that would've gleaned.

Poland is famous for its 'gun to the head' policy. Perhaps we should do the same? If Mr Campbell wishes to purchase a rifle, I'm happy to provide the character reference...

• Like 3

Masters only scored 4 in Polski, so Monarchs were probably better off with Richard "Fingers" Lawson

5 hours ago, Hackett said:

Why a farce ????? Would you ride in the UK when the alternative is to earn threefold in Poland. I know what I would do. 

He’s just hedging his bets by riding here,not good enough for Extraleague in Poland and a couple of bad meetings and you ar#e is out the window in Poland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, False dawn said:
1   62.15
2   64.00
3   61.44
4   62.31
5   61.50
6   61.62
7   62.94
8   63.59
9   62.06
10   61.94
11   61.82
12   63.78
13   62.87
14   63.38
15   62.50

Thank you. Much appreciated! 

They used the "irr" for him in an away match recently when the rules were clearly broken,strange mr hunter very quiet about all this !

25 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

They used the "irr" for him in an away match recently when the rules were clearly broken,strange mr hunter very quiet about all this !

Him and MPT seem to have opened a can of worms on the subject.Don’t think they broke the interpretation of existing rule seems be the problem.

Edited by Fromafar

23 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Edinburgh are past masters of " injured riders " replacement did they not run a full season a while ago with r/r ?

21 minutes ago, Neila said:

Edinburgh are past masters of " injured riders " replacement did they not run a full season a while ago with r/r ?

Every Promotion are Masters of taking “advantage “ of the rules.  

46 minutes ago, Neila said:

You'll need to help me out here. Roughly how long ago was this?

I'm struggling to think of which rider you're referring to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Please give examples of this? You’ll struggle 

And in regards the r/r for a full season nope you’ve made that up 

12 hours ago, geoff100 said:

What rule was broken? Current scb regs are pretty clear and the referee signed off on irr in the scunny match as such

5 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

What rule was broken? Current scb regs are pretty clear and the referee signed off on irr in the scunny match as such

Check this weeks star irr is for injurys during the meeting not from before !

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Check this weeks star irr is for injurys during the meeting not from before !

That is a report of a CHANGE in the rule LAST week. Gmuncie is talking about something that happened before the 'reinterpretation' of the rule