British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bennycap

British final

13 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You have got to give Jack some credit

I thought, crikey, Andy 'Big Meeting' Smith :D

Absolute farce...speedway continues to shoot itself in the foot by msking stupid decisions. Should have been 12 heats and then finals..rather than brainstorming up that crap after 1 hour...disgraceful and if this was in Poland there would have been a riot and what's the betting Eurosport don't show the restaging!?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Absolute farce...speedway continues to shoot itself in the foot by msking stupid decisions. Should have been 12 heats and then finals..rather than brainstorming up that crap after 1 hour...disgraceful and if this was in Poland there would have been a riot and what's the betting Eurosport don't show the restaging!?

Once the decision was made to restage the meeting the rule book is quite clear on procedure. Don't forget that once the meeting is abandoned no further track action is permitted so a race-off on the night wasn't an option.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 9:22 PM, tellboy said:

It is being re-staged,but Ellis gets the wildcard.

Technically Ellis will still be the British champion when the British GP is staged, so correct decision was made. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Once the decision was made to restage the meeting the rule book is quite clear on procedure. Don't forget that once the meeting is abandoned no further track action is permitted so a race-off on the night wasn't an option.

Yes but my point is the track would have still been rideable for 2 or 3 more races whilst they were pratting around ringing some bloke up in Italy and asking the riders what should we do!?. Anyway there all it's, but's and maybe's but in my opinion what they came up with was a farce and just sums up British speedway. For instance I've seen fixtures recently where teams are putting out R/R's and guests without tracking a single team rider and then the situation at SON where we have no reserve when a rider gets injured. No wonder all my mates mock that I'm into speedway as it really is run like a tinpot sport in this country. Oh and remember Belle Vue v Poole a few years ago in the showpiece final?...there's another example with the same dimwits in the background making stupid decisions..maybe Godfrey, Steele and their cronies should run for prime minister as they certainly have all the attributes!

Edited by chrismorton
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Technically Ellis will still be the British champion when the British GP is staged, so correct decision was made. 

Bomber was British champion few years ago..shall we chuck him in next year?!...Ellis doesn't deserve to have it..he has been poor this year...it should be Brennan or Bomber on merit and it was shaping up like this on Monday to prove it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Bomber was British champion few years ago..shall we chuck him in next year?!...Ellis doesn't deserve to have it..he has been poor this year...it should be Brennan or Bomber on merit and it was shaping up like this on Monday to prove it.

… and that is your opinion.  Fortunately those making the decisions don’t agree with you.  As the meeting was abandoned, the only “fair” decision was to have the current British champion have the Cardiff wildcard.  It doesn’t really matter if you agree or not because that is what is happening.

I do feel for Bomber - who was riding out of his skin on Monday - as always.  Tom Brennan will get his chance in the future as is making good progress in his career.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

… and that is your opinion.  Fortunately those making the decisions don’t agree with you.  As the meeting was abandoned, the only “fair” decision was to have the current British champion have the Cardiff wildcard.  It doesn’t really matter if you agree or not because that is what is happening.

I do feel for Bomber - who was riding out of his skin on Monday - as always.  Tom Brennan will get his chance in the future as is making good progress in his career.

Tom may get the chance to show what he can do in this year's GP as he is first reserve for the meeting.

8 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Whilst I don't think the decision to give the WC to Adam was the wrong one in the light of the meeting being abandoned and, presumably, due to be rescheduled, I do agree that they could have called the qualifiers after heat 12 and gone straight into either a 3 or 4 man final to decide the title. I think they had time for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Yes but my point is the track would have still been rideable for 2 or 3 more races whilst they were pratting around ringing some bloke up in Italy and asking the riders what should we do!?. Anyway there all it's, but's and maybe's but in my opinion what they came up with was a farce and just sums up British speedway. For instance I've seen fixtures recently where teams are putting out R/R's and guests without tracking a single team rider and then the situation at SON where we have no reserve when a rider gets injured. No wonder all my mates mock that I'm into speedway as it really is run like a tinpot sport in this country. Oh and remember Belle Vue v Poole a few years ago in the showpiece final?...there's another example with the same dimwits in the background making stupid decisions..maybe Godfrey, Steele and their cronies should run for prime minister as they certainly have all the attributes!

Could and probably should of just said too Brennan and Harris, need a run off between you both for the wildcard spot, then restage the meeting at a later date too see who the champ is. If they hadn’t faffed about I can’t see that the track wouldn’t of held up enough for one race 

• Like 2

In the event of the British Final being abandoned....the Cardiff Wildcard should go to the leading (British) rider in the British League averages (IMO)

I guess (at present) that would make 'Bomber' the worthy candidate!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

In the event of the British Final being abandoned....the Cardiff Wildcard should go to the leading (British) rider in the British League averages (IMO)

I guess (at present) that would make 'Bomber' the worthy candidate!

Or this would be another very well thought out solution, but no that would just make sense and too obvious so the powers that be thought they’d mix it up abit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also don't think the British final should be at Belle Vue every year. Not every rider does well there and would give other clubs the chance of extra revenue. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blue witch said:

I also don't think the British final should be at Belle Vue every year. Not every rider does well there and would give other clubs the chance of extra revenue. 

Completely agree but unfortunately with it being called the national stadium it’s unlikely anywhere else would get a sniff

51 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Completely agree but unfortunately with it being called the national stadium it’s unlikely anywhere else would get a sniff

They should hold it at Peterborough whilst it's still there.

• Like 1