British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick Jubilee Thingy 15/7/22 @19-30

49 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Maybe he felt he gave Jonas no room to race? :unsure: McGregor doesn't really do us any favours usually!! 

Amazing how viewpoints differ though. My bandit source up there says it was the right decision! 

I'm just wanting to see reports of my team walking away battered but unscathed.. to ride another day!! 

I wasn't there so can't comment on decision etc

Was track ok   Seems lot falls 

All for a tin  pot challenge 

Track was fine. No idea why they kept falling off to be honest. The only one who went down near someone else was Knudsen in heat 14. The others were completely solo crashes (apart from Ricky Wells going into the back of Pijper when he came off, of course, but that was collateral).

• Like 1

Thought Berwick would do something tonight but def not to be. Harris looked to be having bike issues, Pijper spun out and Flint was impeded by his team mate before coming down hard. Knudsen looks a good find but FFS MacGregor, ht14 is the kind of p1sh he used to pull 15 years ago to get the Grand Monarch title.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MD said:

Thought Berwick would do something tonight but def not to be. Harris looked to be having bike issues, Pijper spun out and Flint was impeded by his team mate before coming down hard. Knudsen looks a good find but FFS MacGregor, ht14 is the kind of p1sh he used to pull 15 years ago to get the Grand Monarch title.

Poor decision is probably the nicest way to describe it.

He certainly got Basso pumped up for heat 15 as I watched him  ride the boards through my fingers.

That pumped he even managed to get off the bike and punch the poly fence after the race at the very point he had his off a couple off weeks ago.

He is fantastic to watch around Ashfield out and out entertainment guaranteed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

I wasn't there so can't comment on decision etc

Was track ok   Seems lot falls 

All for a tin  pot challenge 

Track was perfect tonight some great racing despite the one sided nature of the score line.

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Poor decision is probably the nicest way to describe it.

He certainly got Basso pumped up for heat 15 as I watched him  ride the boards through my fingers.

That pumped he even managed to get off the bike and punch the poly fence after the race at the very point he had his off a couple off weeks ago.

He is fantastic to watch around Ashfield out and out entertainment guaranteed.

:D lol. I wonder if his parents are still in the UK watching him? And if they are, do they also watch through their fingers! 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:D lol. I wonder if his parents are still in the UK watching him? And if they are, do they also watch through their fingers! 

Probably never seen anyone ride so close to the fence at Ashfield in all the years I have been attending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

Maybe he felt he gave Jonas no room to race? :unsure: McGregor doesn't really do us any favours usually!! 

Amazing how viewpoints differ though. My bandit source up there says it was the right decision! 

I'm just wanting to see reports of my team walking away battered but unscathed.. to ride another day!! 

I’m afraid Macgregor needs to go to Specsavers,Knudsen just ran out of track trying the outside line ,Basso was  nowhere near him ,excluding him was joke.Flint done exactly the same thing on the same bend trying to go round Knudsen in his fall.The 4 Berwick falls were all self inflicted IMO.They took hefty knocks don’t know how they will be feeling tomorrow morning.Bandits didn’t have lot going for them.Ricky was terrible,thought Knudsen was impressive on his first visit, certainly giving everything and looked stylish.IMo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MD said:

Don’t think Knudsen impeded Flint.Flint was just trying to pass him round the outside and ran out of track,same as Knudsen in his fall,it looked bad but he got up right away.

8 hours ago, Dnorthstar1970 said:

I don't think Harris is racing tonight yet another match missed 

I Think if you are going to Post statements like that you should always name your source so as it can be checked out by forum members for themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

As you say, depends on your view point. I certainly wasn’t surprised by the decision. Before it was announced I said Basso pushed him a bit hard there……

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazc said:

Track was perfect tonight some great racing despite the one sided nature of the score line.

Thanks for that update 

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

A racers track with a bit of dirt up high. Thought it looked perfect for Bomber to run riot but he was very off colour last night.

• Like 2