British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Plymouth v Poole; Jubilee League; Tues 19th July

Erm, well a few things:

1. Thanks for the shout out whoever idea it is, that was funny. Even if it prob a pisstake, I'll take it! lol.

2. Was never expecting a win, I thought if we keep it close would have done well

3. When they changed the track Ben Barker never won a race. It fell into our hands more. So whoevers idea that was, thanks! :t:

Oh and well done to Nathan Ablitt, looks really confident on the bike now :t:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Erm, well a few things:

1. Thanks for the shout out whoever idea it is, that was funny. Even if it prob a pisstake, I'll take it! lol.

2. Was never expecting a win, I thought if we keep it close would have done well

3. When they changed the track Ben Barker never won a race. It fell into our hands more. So whoevers idea that was, thanks! :t:

Oh and well done to Nathan Ablitt, looks really confident on the bike now :t:

Lisa u is nawty, slap botty

Being a PIRATE is all about high expectation(s) & nothing less.

Now be told! :party:

First off I’d like to think I’m honest Poole totally outclassed us tonight no complaints from me although I thought king should off gone in heat 3 but in the grand scheme of things it matters not a jot the track was an absolute disgrace on bends 3 and 4 and how no one got hurt is a testament to the skill of the riders McGurk is out of his depth and if I was a guest rider I would question giving it my all on that track in the end of the day there helping us there not our riders so I thank them for helping us out well done to Poole again thoroughly deserved and if anyone Plymouth fan comes on here and says any different they need to take a good long look at themselves I hope we meet again in the playoffs as I think this meeting was hopefully a one off and we can do battle over 2 legs in September.

• Like 4

No complaints from me Poole deserved the win,missing Kennett, Andersen, mpt,and mostly dan gilkes at reserve finally caught up with us,main focus now has to be to get injured riders fit and qualify for playoffs.

• Like 1

Thought it was an entertaining meeting until, as per usual, the tractor starts dumping shale on the center green making the track bald. Add to that no watering and soon a blue groove appeared. There was a nasty hole on the inside of the third bend which was crying out for attention with all riders hitting it and being thrown all over the place, but not once was an attempt made to fill and pack it. Dangerous. Meeting finished in billowing dust with all riders received to get away unscathed.

Pirates a class above all meeting and once dialled in we’re the far better team. Yes, Plymouth are missing key riders. And it will be different if we meet in the playoffs. 

But Pirates have got their mojo back which went awol for a few weeks. Beginning to look like a team that might be a threat come the playoffs. With this code,p, it’s looking good to progress through to the final.

• Like 1

As a side note what about the crazy 56.60 time announced for heat 7, 4 seconds slower than most of the rest, I don’t think so.

My take as a neutral, heat 1 superb at the 3rd time of asking was the high point as it soon became clear there were major problems with bends 3 & 4 with riders being catapulted in various directions on a regular basis and then there was the dust issues later on too. Fair play to Mark Phillips for the apology.

From my vantage point I couldn’t argue with any of the refs decisions but King did make the most of it in heat 3 and maybe Kerr was a bit unlucky.

Overall Poole were comfortably the better team and deserved their win.

8 hours ago, Turnip said:

Lisa u is nawty, slap botty

Being a PIRATE is all about high expectation(s) & nothing less.

Now be told! :party:

I think most fans fear the worst while hoping for the best. 

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think most fans fear the worst while hoping for the best. 

Ermmmm, that's life being a Chelsea fan isn't it not being a Pirate? :D

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, lewy said:

No complaints from me Poole deserved the win,missing Kennett, Andersen, mpt,and mostly dan gilkes at reserve finally caught up with us,main focus now has to be to get injured riders fit and qualify for playoffs.

Has anyone actually spoken to Eddie? Text, tweet, insta, email,message perhaps?

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Has anyone actually spoken to Eddie? Text, tweet, insta, email,message perhaps?

I read this from elsewhere from a reliable source 

I phoned him myself and he said he could ride tomorrow. ( this was nearly 3 weeks ago ). He was purely paid to do 2-3 races so they could cheat the system. Simple as that and everyone in the sport knows exactly what they are doing.

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, lewy said:

missing kennett lol, thats a shovlarism

A club taking an inch when it comes to speedways piss poor inept rules..... NEVER!

52 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I read this from elsewhere from a reliable source 

Whoever it was shud be using the word 'alledgedly' in their sumwhere.

U wud like to think that the authorities investigate these kinda things properly but until an independent body is set up shadows will always be cast.

Thinking about shadows I'm getting concerned about the shadow me belly casts these dayz! :D

But come the play-offs Plymouth's choices will be very limited, because of the no guests from teams in play-offs rule [12.4.2.e]

• Like 1
  • Confused 2