British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gringo

Redcar vs. Leicester (The Jube) 15/7/22

Redcar should be at full strength (if Charles is fit,he missed the P.L. last night).

Leicester have signed Max Clegg to ride at reserve & use R/R for Dan Thompson(Concussion Protocol) at 4.

If you cannot attend tonight this meeting is being streamed.

Go to Redcar Bears website or Facebook.

• Like 1

in the old days the promotion wdnt announce a missing rider in advance so we can't be sure Charles is fit, you'll find out when you get there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

What the hell is this jubilee league? Is it the summer trophy with a different name?

Where have you been... did you miss the big announcement across all the media outlets?

• Haha 1

Great match, good racing, close racing, lots of passing. Well done to the Bears, everyone contributed. Great to see Jordon Jenkins getting stuck in. Was expecting It to be a closer match but Leicester had little back up to the heat leaders. I couldn't make the match due to a late finish at work, but watched the live stream which was excellent. 

I also watched on streaming, very good match , great coverage.Jenkins & Edwards excellent, Bickley rode better than his score 

e

Really enjoyed that. Jenkins was superb, great pass of Worrall on one heat then same again heat 15 to pass Morris, no mean feat! 

Edwards also superb in main body - if we can get Bickley going (who rode ok tonight) we could do ok in playoffs. 

Thought Howarth was excellent as always here, Morris good and Mountain seemed to improve as night went on. Worrall was disappointing. 

I’ve said it before & I will say it again. Max Clegg is not a championship rider. Hyped up beyond belief & can’t even beat Kyle Bickley.

What any club see in him is beyond me. I would rather give Tom Spencer the spot then him. 

Looks like Nick Johnson will be happy now he has got his favourite rider back in Leicester. 

As it is the group winner from each section. Could go down to race points scored. We all know that Leicester have the biggest home advantage from this group. Why wasn't Jordan given Bickleys ride in heat 14. Was really stoked up after his last to second in heat 12.

Edited by mikebaker

I don't want to put anyone down, I'm sure the guy is doing his best. But, Max Clegg isn't the man for the job at Leicester.

I'm afraid he isn't good enough for this league. When it comes to the playoffs we are really going to get caught out at reserve, especially away from home. 

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

1 hour ago, justathought said:

I don't want to put anyone down, I'm sure the guy is doing his best. But, Max Clegg isn't the man for the job at Leicester.

I'm afraid he isn't good enough for this league. When it comes to the playoffs we are really going to get caught out at reserve, especially away from home. 

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

We will see how he gets on tonight!

On 7/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, Lenny Lion said:

I’ve said it before & I will say it again. Max Clegg is not a championship rider. Hyped up beyond belief & can’t even beat Kyle Bickley.

What any club see in him is beyond me. I would rather give Tom Spencer the spot then him. 

Looks like Nick Johnson will be happy now he has got his favourite rider back in Leicester. 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:03 AM, justathought said:

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

Some of these anti Max Clegg comments seem a bit harsh! I agree he's had a dissapointing start for Leicester, but he's been off the bike for a while, so can understand that.

To suggest he's not "Champ standard" & should be replaced with Tom Spencer is just daft.

Spencer's NL ave is like 3 points below Connor Coles. While Coles Champ ave is about 2.5 points below Clegg.

Not sure how a rider with a 4.5 ave is not "Championship standard"