Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunny v Leicester 22.7.22 Platty Joobs thing

47 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Whats the weather looking like over Scunny way? 

Overcast about 18 degrees, pleasant enough,  not meant to rain

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Hope they've booked a medic or 2, hope the weather forecast is good, hope the electricity board aren't digging any holes in the area... etc. etc.

I shall take this one on BSN, given enough of my cash to that clown this season

Oh dear Anti Scunthorpe yet again please change the record

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So Morris is out because he's unwell, Presume this will mean a few days out for Morris he'll miss Leicester's home meet vs Berwick and Wolves home meeting vs Kings Lynn

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

So Morris is out because he's unwell, Presume this will mean a few days out for Morris he'll miss Leicester's home meet vs Berwick and Wolves home meeting vs Kings Lynn

Depends what his unwellness is I suppose

Lions using a Pirate? Surely that's goes against the Geneva convention? :rolleyes:

To quote, 'compelling a protected person to serve in the armed forces of a hostile power'

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Depends what his unwellness is I suppose

Its a mandatory 7 days suspension whatever the illness. I think it was brought in to prevent riders throwing a sickie when due to visit a track they didnt like!

Regulation  is:-

010.5(H) sick or carrying a non-speedway injury, the rider must immediately inform the SCB and their club. A Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness/injury occurring in which case the rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the first meeting missed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Its a mandatory 7 days suspension whatever the illness. I think it was brought in to prevent riders throwing a sickie when due to visit a track they didnt like!

Regulation  is:-

010.5(H) sick or carrying a non-speedway injury, the rider must immediately inform the SCB and their club. A Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness/injury occurring in which case the rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the first meeting missed

It's a migraine... and I'm not talking about the rule book

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

Where is Trackrat? Why isn't he on this thread complaining this meeting should be cancelled with Scunthorpe fielding such a weak team again!!

• Haha 2

Nice one Babs... our 8th (wo)man!

Track surface looks as bad as Leicester's on the 3rd turn... turn 4 doesn't look much better either

Edited by iainb

Good enjoyable meeting to watch as a neutral. Thought Lions would steam roller Scunny but they were very poor and lost it. Some good battles. 

• Like 1

As a lions fan I'm happy. A little bit concerned of Joe Thomsons form but he is still young and plenty of time to improve. 

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

Lions using a Pirate? Surely that's goes against the Geneva convention? :rolleyes:

To quote, 'compelling a protected person to serve in the armed forces of a hostile power'

It appears that Mr Lawson is guesting for Nick on Sunday as well.