British Speedway Forum
iainb

What Time Do You Arrive?

At Arlington we used to get there about an hour before ... Get a seat in Grandstand , kids could go to the pits and then get a cardboard burger. With no local tracks we haven't even been in 2022 yet .... 2 more weeks until the British Final. 

Arrive in the car park around 5-30/5.45. Gates open 6.30 so join that queue around 6.20 pm after having a snack/drink in the car, sometimes use the bar and facilities, catch up with the promoter and then I sit in an area of reserved seating so have the chance to catch up with other regulars, read the programme and make any changes to the racecard.

I attend with my son, his mate and my granddaughter plus occasionally one other, depending on workshifts etc.

If it's on Eurosport, about 15 minutes after the scheduled start time should be early enough.:D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Gates open 6.30 so join that queue around 6.20 pm

queue!!

21 hours ago, iainb said:

queue!!

Usually big queues at all the entrances! Every week and longer queues in the holidays with all the holiday makers and depending on the standard of the opposition.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

With working on the streaming at scunny, I tend to get there 3 and a half hours before tapes up - (setting cams up, doing interviews and editing them takes time) - before nipping for a burger and collectin the guys programmes before we start to stream... (then pack everything away so we're usually hanging back a couple hours too)...

At Sheffield when I go (pretty often now) - get the 17.08 train from scunny to sheff, and get to the track around 6.15pm ish

I'm just over an hour away from Kings Lynn (and Ippo when I venture south of the border), so aim to arrive at 7pm for 7.30pm start - gives a bit of time to get in and flexibility for 'minor' traffic probs. If I'm travelling further afield I'll allow at least an hour if not more spare time

used to get there about six dont bother anymore 6.30 6.45 now hardly any queues anymore at poole

2 hours ago, ray c said:

used to get there about six dont bother anymore 6.30 6.45 now hardly any queues anymore at poole

Big queues before the gates open at 6.30, probably fans wanting to guarantee a parking space or get into the pits! Obviously getting there after all the entrances (x5) have opened will reduce the queues quickly, as well as the opportunity to get your preferred seat/standing position.

Edited by Skidder1

On 7/18/2022 at 9:06 PM, Normski said:

Arrive at Berwick at 6 pm 2 pints of John Smiths in the Black and Gold then make my way in about 6-50pm. Have a season ticket so bypass any queues at turnstiles.

These queues at the turnstile can be horrendous.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2022 at 9:06 PM, Normski said:

Arrive at Berwick at 6 pm 2 pints of John Smiths in the Black and Gold then make my way in about 6-50pm. Have a season ticket so bypass any queues at turnstiles.

John Smiths ? Yuck ! 

Each to their own, obviously.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:31 PM, Skidder1 said:

Big queues before the gates open at 6.30, probably fans wanting to guarantee a parking space or get into the pits! Obviously getting there after all the entrances (x5) have opened will reduce the queues quickly, as well as the opportunity to get your preferred seat/standing position.

Used to annoy me back in the seventies when I first went to Poole that they wouldn't open the turnstiles until 7-00pm allowing the queues to build up...even as a kid back then I couldn't understand the logic as surely it's better to get people in and spending their money at the various outlets inside?

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Used to annoy me back in the seventies when I first went to Poole that they wouldn't open the turnstiles until 7-00pm allowing the queues to build up...even as a kid back then I couldn't understand the logic as surely it's better to get people in and spending their money at the various outlets inside?

For some reason, speedway fans used to just love spending their free time standing in queues!

20 hours ago, Beowulf said:

John Smiths ? Yuck ! 

Each to their own, obviously.

£3-10 a pint not to shabby lol