Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Birmingham vs Oxford 20/7/22 (CJL)

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Man up is one of the most stupidest sayings around tbf!

Don't you enjoy it then, Lisa?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I am fully aware of who you are, who you are grandfather of and your prowess (or lack of) for manoeuvring a trailer.

Wrong: I am not anyone's grandfather.

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:28 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Repeating gossip from the uninformed? I spoke with two riders who took to the track yesterday and both said it was garbage, peeling up in chunks, ruts and holes all over the place. John is a good track man but watering too heavy in advance can make the surface loose and dig out badly. The early reports about the Brum track were good, recent reports have been sketchy and last nights conclusion was it was dangerous and neither rider was excited about riding there again.

As you say i wasn't there and im definitely not likely to be there until the issues are resolved, Brum are hanging on by a thread anyways and blundering through meetings whilst denying any issues certainly won't last for long. 

really ?  Be interested to see which riders they were . And getting water down into the base is essential and John had problems on the big bowser and had to use the small one in the afternoon .... and watering too late is not what tracks do so not sure what your experience is of track work ??  as for ruts and holes "all over the place"  ??  and dangerous ???? Having seen several tracks in recent weeks I can say I have seen much worse and that it was not bad as you have said ... there were a few problems which John worked on after the meeting till 1am but track was not as painted above .

• Like 1