British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v EDINBURGH (Jubilee League) + BULLETS v LEICESTER (NDL) 6.30pm - double-header - SATURDAY, JULY 23rs

If Edinburghs new stadium is not ready at the beginning of the season maybe they could loan us Sam and Josh lol

• Like 1

Start of the season we totally blew them away...

Before the meeting yesterday I said to the hubby that Edinburgh would beat us! A sad turn around of fortunes for us! 

1 hour ago, screm said:

The information giving last night was that Berwick had applied for a visa extension as Knudson`s original visa only lasted six weeks. The visa is currently being processed by the Home Office and as many will know through their own experience that does take time just at the minute, Knudson`s current visa ran out last night. The club hope to have a new extension in place by next Saturday`s meeting with Glasgow, time will tell if that happens or not.

Where Glasgow not involved in helping get the original Visa for Knudsen.

Do they need to be involved for this subsequent application and would that speed things up ?.

But the system presently is a total joke.

Edited by Gazc

10 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Some better calls tonight from his mate?

Riders pulling back and delaying the start and getting away with it (when the 2 minute light has went out). Letting Pickering off with a serious delay when on a tactical (2 minutes light at Berwick cancels after 2mins and 3 seconds) where the 2 minute light was off for good couple of minutes.

The green light was flashing in the second half but not the first meeting?

Shame when riders are taking the mickey the race cannot be started with the rider not ready (digging away). It would make them learn for later on (instead of letting them continuing to take the mickey).

The Ref needs to stronger if they are messing the start Marshal about.Certainly would not get away with that in Poland.Lot of these riders know that so they are just taking the p#ss.

Maybe it's time there was one of these electronic clocks on the in field then riders, supporters etc can see exactly how long there is to go. Must admit they were announcing thirty seconds to go last night, it must've been the longest thirty seconds ever 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Maybe it's time there was one of these electronic clocks on the in field then riders, supporters etc can see exactly how long there is to go. Must admit they were announcing thirty seconds to go last night, it must've been the longest thirty seconds ever 

Electronic Clocks should have been mandatory several seasons ago,would stop all this messing about.It can’t be a huge expense to install one.

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

If Edinburghs new stadium is not ready at the beginning of the season maybe they could loan us Sam and Josh lol

OR

You could load them your stadium!

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Electronic Clocks should have been mandatory several seasons ago,would stop all this messing about.It can’t be a huge expense to install one.

Where tracks have them (Premership and Glasgow that I know of) they are supposed to be used according to the rule book.  An instance where a referee suits himself was at Wolverhampton last Monday - Nicholls still gardening off his machine when the two minutes expired and allowed to continue, Bathelor off his machine two minutes expired disqualified straight away.  Referee was Wayne Jarvis who for some reason has been allocated the British Final whilst still technically training, i.e. First year running solo.

31 minutes ago, edmon said:

Where tracks have them (Premership and Glasgow that I know of) they are supposed to be used according to the rule book.  An instance where a referee suits himself was at Wolverhampton last Monday - Nicholls still gardening off his machine when the two minutes expired and allowed to continue, Bathelor off his machine two minutes expired disqualified straight away.  Referee was Wayne Jarvis who for some reason has been allocated the British Final whilst still technically training, i.e. First year running solo.

Surely if not all tracks have them installed it can’t be incorporated into the rule book though.But I agree if there is a2 min clock counting down it should be obeyed.I have always been saying that there should also be a rule where-by the Start Marshal should bring into the starting position in order of inside to outside gates and should be obeyed.This continued hanging back with some riders needs to be stamped out if you can’t use a Clock.

I've never been in favour of the two minute clocks, the reason being that I like the ref to be able to give a bit of leeway. I want to see the four riders in the race, and if one of them takes 2 mins 1 sec to get ready then I am not bothered.

The 2-minute rule is poorly written, needless to say. I think it should have a full stop in the middle. It also doesn't really spell out exactly what constitutes being 'ready' though you might say that is obvious. I remember at one time the rider only had to be on track heading towards the start.

Here's how the rule is worded now:

The Referee must indicate the start of a 2 minute allowance by means of a warning horn or bell audible in the pit area together with the flashing amber lights if all of the riders are not in the starting area at the same time this warning shall apply to all riders and can be given only once

Weirdly I also think that in places where there are starting clocks it actually delays the start more often than not as riders know exactly how long they have left so do more digging and general mucking about up till the timer ticks to almost zero 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 4:49 PM, Normski said:

23rd April we beat Oxford :D

Still the last home win we must have lost more home meetings this season than we've won.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Surely if not all tracks have them installed it can’t be incorporated into the rule book though.But I agree if there is a2 min clock counting down it should be obeyed.I have always been saying that there should also be a rule where-by the Start Marshal should bring into the starting position in order of inside to outside gates and should be obeyed.This continued hanging back with some riders needs to be stamped out if you can’t use a Clock.

A couple of snippets from the rulebook:

011.1.3 2 Minute Allowance

If a track has a countdown clock, that can be operated solely by the Referee, then it is compulsory for the clock to be used.

011.1.4 Starting a Race

The Start Marshal shall bring the riders to the starting gate, in the order as determined by their gate position, commencing with gate a, b, c, then d.

:)

15 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

A couple of snippets from the rulebook:

011.1.3 2 Minute Allowance

If a track has a countdown clock, that can be operated solely by the Referee, then it is compulsory for the clock to be used.

011.1.4 Starting a Race

The Start Marshal shall bring the riders to the starting gate, in the order as determined by their gate position, commencing with gate a, b, c, then d.

:)

It’s obvious to anybody watching that a lot of riders do not obey the starting marshal,he should insist they come in as per rules  or the Ref should act IMO.No messing Poland so why should it be any different over here..

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, gmuncie said:

Weirdly I also think that in places where there are starting clocks it actually delays the start more often than not as riders know exactly how long they have left so do more digging and general mucking about up till the timer ticks to almost zero 

At least you when the race is going to start.