Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Berwick 24 July. 6.00p.m.

So, Bomber's Berwick Bandits come to Beaumont Park on Sunday with the Lions knowing that if they secure a win, they'll end up top of the Championship league, with the opportunity of choosing which of the winning quarter finalists they'll want to ride against in the semis. Big incentive for all of the magnificent 7 to race to their full potential.  I see a Lions victory for this one!

Can only see a home win and nothing else. Bomber is average around Leicester and Berwick just haven't been good enough this year considering they were a few people's dark horses. 

• Like 1

Oxford away proved what we can do as a team when things click as they should... Glasgow killed us doing anything against Redcar though... 

We had a decent meeting last year at Leicester but it's our 3rd meeting in 3 days so it may be a bit telling!

As long as we can make it entertaining...... :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Oxford away proved what we can do as a team when things click as they should... Glasgow killed us doing anything against Redcar though... 

We had a decent meeting last year at Leicester but it's our 3rd meeting in 3 days so it may be a bit telling!

As long as we can make it entertaining...... :unsure:

4pts at Leicester, Scunny & Birmingham plus no more home defeats will see us gatecrash the playoffs and no Sarah I am not on alcohol lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

4pts at Leicester, Scunny & Birmingham plus no more home defeats will see us gatecrash the playoffs and no Sarah I am not on alcohol lol

No, clearly something much stronger, probably hallucinogenic. :nono:

• Like 1

Then you will wake up and drown you sorrows.

• Like 1

You've got sunstroke mate

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Whatever you've had Norm, I want some of it :lol:

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 7:35 PM, ScottyJ said:

Can only see a home win and nothing else. Bomber is average around Leicester and Berwick just haven't been good enough this year considering they were a few people's dark horses. 

Bomber average around Leicester? Well if his average is getting double figures then I'll agree with u.

Wouldn't dismiss Bomber wherever he rides, 100% commitment & entertainment........need more like him :t:

Aren't we all counting our chickens a bit with all the predictions... we don't even know what the teams are yet!

On 7/20/2022 at 7:35 PM, ScottyJ said:

Yeah I had them as dark horses for the league 

Leicester to top the championship qualifying league but a couple of chinks are appearing in their armour over the last few meetings which over 2 legs in the play offs cud cost them success like last season.........& KO Cup vs me Pirates? ;)

Joe hasn't been his best at reserve away from home, Cleggy finally turned up at Scunthorpe last night & a couple of heat leader's av had mixed bag of scores. Guest Pirate Lawson kept Lions 'in it' in the early stages at Scunthorpe.

Me Pirates had a similar misfiring few meetings but are now fully focused on the end game 

But like Middlo, Dickson will do everything to get his riders back & fully focused. Best 2 manager's in British Speedway.

Looking forward to the Pirates & Lions battles for honours, always good banter between me being a Pirate & me Lions mates.

Bring it On :)

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Aren't we all counting our chickens a bit with all the predictions... we don't even know what the teams are yet!

The Teams were announced on the Lion's website on Wednesday. Only change is Richard Lawson guesting for Nick Morris.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

The Teams were announced on the Lion's website on Wednesday. Only change is Richard Lawson guesting for Nick Morris.

3 points and top spot to us then! Hope the twins can get in the points, think they need a bit of a confidence boost

Jonas Knudson's visa expires at midnight tonight, therefore he won't be at Leicester tomorrow. Hopefully is visa will be reinstated before Berwick's next meeting.