Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Berwick 24 July. 6.00p.m.

25 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

He only won because Kyle kept Bomber at the back.

Rubbish.

With a fairly fast winning time of 62.5 Cleggy won heat 11 fair & square. I would agree with you if his time was slow. Bomber won heat 15 in a slower time of 62.81.

Cleggy, keep up the good performances :t: .....but not against me Pirates! :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Rubbish.

With a fairly fast winning time of 62.5 Cleggy won heat 11 fair & square. I would agree with you if his time was slow. Bomber won heat 15 in a slower time of 62.81.

Cleggy, keep up the good performances :t: .....but not against me Pirates! :D

Updates seem to have the same views as I do!

My view of Max Cleggs ride from the Grandstand ... it was and still is sensational ! Beat Kyle Howarth and Bomber fair and square , Kyle may have been in second place but he sure as hell wasn't just protecting Clegg - he couldn't get near him ! LOL

Great ride for the young man .... hopefully more of the same please 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Well, Boris Johnson supporters still av the same views & still support him 

Don't mean they're right.

Cleggy won fair n square & still wud've beaten Bomber no matter wot Howarth was doing.

Edited by Turnip

On 7/23/2022 at 3:07 PM, Turnip said:

Bomber average around Leicester? Well if his average is getting double figures then I'll agree with u.

Wouldn't dismiss Bomber wherever he rides, 100% commitment & entertainment........need more like him :t:

@ScottyJ

I was proven right not you.......Bomber got a double figure score! :D

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

@ScottyJ

Why have you taken your rat video down?

No minerals?

3 hours ago, Turnip said:

@ScottyJ

Maybe change your name to chicken?

10 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Do Leicester record their meetings if so maybe could upload it and let us all see it.

Max Clegg's gate and 1st and 2nd bend in heat 11 was top drawer. His blast around the outside was straight out of the Bomber play book. It truly stunned the crowd and we all watched in real surprise as he put 4 faultless laps together in the 6th fastest time of the night. Kyle wasn't covering his back or holding up Bomber. In fact the three were quite spread out by the end of the race. 

I've had my own doubts about this signing. But credit, where credit is due.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Max Clegg's gate and 1st and 2nd bend in heat 11 was top drawer. His blast around the outside was straight out of the Bomber play book. It truly stunned the crowd and we all watched in real surprise as he put 4 faultless laps together in the 6th fastest time of the night. Kyle wasn't covering his back or holding up Bomber. In fact the three were quite spread out by the end of the race. 

Totally agree. Thats exactly how we saw it. Great ride & deserved the win.

Max can be very good on his day. I've seen him beat some top riders around Brough Park. Consistency and away form are his problems, not his ability.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Max Clegg - enigma! Beaten by Cole in heat 2, then pulls a corker in heat 11. Sort of did the same at Scunny. 

I recall a story (I think it was true) of Martin Rogers holding a toy gun to a rider's head as a way of motivating him to up his game on one occasion. It might have been Greg Szczpanik who was usually scoring 000 but on that occasion Martin's methods worked. So I wonder which method Stewart Dickson is using to get Cleggy motivated later in matches?

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

I was watching Max very closely on the BSN on Friday night because of all of the "discussion" around his inclusion in the team. What I did notice is that he made the gate in almost every race and was 1st or 2nd in the, what they call holeshot these days, but then soon got passed. If he had managed to maintain his "holeshot" position he would easily have scored double figures, so fair play to the lad.

5 minutes ago, Big Al said:

So I wonder which method Stewart Dickson is using to get Cleggy motivated later in matches?

Staying away seemed to do the trick :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Well said. Totally agree :t:

Worrall won heat 9 in 63.13, Lawson won heat 10 in 62.81, Cleggy won heat 11 in 62.50.

Whatever happened behind him?.........he was away & gone!

Wonder if the machine examiner was kinda curious? :lol:

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Max Clegg - enigma! Beaten by Cole in heat 2, then pulls a corker in heat 11. Sort of did the same at Scunny. 

I recall a story (I think it was true) of Martin Rogers holding a toy gun to a rider's head as a way of motivating him to up his game on one occasion. It might have been Greg Szczpanik who was usually scoring 000 but on that occasion Martin's methods worked. So I wonder which method Stewart Dickson is using to get Cleggy motivated later in matches?

I had a PE teacher (a long, long time ago) who "encouraged" us  to climb over, jump across, run faster, etc. by promising to give some "TLC" to anyone lacking in effort and ability. This was followed by the brandishing of a large plimsoll shoe (these were the predecessors of trainers) with "TLC" written on the sole. I think he later became quite a prominent basketball coach, so it didn't do his career any harm, unfortuntely.

• Haha 1