British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Berwick 24 July. 6.00p.m.

14 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I had a PE teacher (a long, long time ago) who "encouraged" us  to climb over, jump across, run faster, etc. by promising to give some "TLC" to anyone lacking in effort and ability. This was followed by the brandishing of a large plimsoll shoe (these were the predecessors of trainers) with "TLC" written on the sole. I think he later became quite a prominent basketball coach, so it didn't do his career any harm, unfortuntely.

You could have him up in court next week these days.!!

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Max Clegg - enigma! Beaten by Cole in heat 2, then pulls a corker in heat 11. Sort of did the same at Scunny. 

I recall a story (I think it was true) of Martin Rogers holding a toy gun to a rider's head as a way of motivating him to up his game on one occasion. It might have been Greg Szczpanik who was usually scoring 000 but on that occasion Martin's methods worked. So I wonder which method Stewart Dickson is using to get Cleggy motivated later in matches?

Pretty sure the rider was Andrez Huszcza, and I think it happened when Leicester were struggling to beat Oxford in an inter league cup match  in1980 or 81.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You could have him up in court next week these days.!!

Ah the good old days didn't do anybody any harm, to nambi pambi these days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Max Clegg - enigma! Beaten by Cole in heat 2, then pulls a corker in heat 11. Sort of did the same at Scunny. 

I recall a story (I think it was true) of Martin Rogers holding a toy gun to a rider's head as a way of motivating him to up his game on one occasion. It might have been Greg Szczpanik who was usually scoring 000 but on that occasion Martin's methods worked. So I wonder which method Stewart Dickson is using to get Cleggy motivated later in matches?

Maybe someone should lend Gary Flint a Machine Gun.Might do the trick.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I had a PE teacher (a long, long time ago) who "encouraged" us  to climb over, jump across, run faster, etc. by promising to give some "TLC" to anyone lacking in effort and ability. This was followed by the brandishing of a large plimsoll shoe (these were the predecessors of trainers) with "TLC" written on the sole. I think he later became quite a prominent basketball coach, so it didn't do his career any harm, unfortuntely.

our PE sadist went on to be asst manager at Villa under Turner and later landed a top job at the FA. His weapon of assault was called Cecil

The blackboard rubber often took flight during our history lessons aimed with locked on precision!

For the youth of today the blackboard was the teacher's version of a laptop screen where chalk was used to write on it......hence the need of a blackboard rubber! :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

The blackboard rubber often took flight during our history lessons aimed with locked on precision!

For the youth of today the blackboard was the teacher's version of a laptop screen where chalk was used to write on it......hence the need of a blackboard rubber! :D

A chicken is someone who posts something then deletes it quickly. Unfortunately for said chicken I seen it.

4 hours ago, LionsFan said:

Pretty sure the rider was Andrez Huszcza, and I think it happened when Leicester were struggling to beat Oxford in an inter league cup match  in1980 or 81.

Correct 1980, drew 39-39 away and won the replay at home 47-31.

16 hours ago, Turnip said:

You Are Not Allowed to say 'blackboard'; they call it  the 'chalkboard' these days. :o

• Haha 1

Wow.. didn't realise Leicester used to ride at Chalkbird Road !!! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Keith White was alright.!

Chalky White?

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:07 PM, Elmo said:

Correct 1980, drew 39-39 away and won the replay at home 47-31.

With a Colin Cook 15 point maximum. Collectors item

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

With a Colin Cook 15 point maximum. Collectors item

And a couple of Chris Sully falls whilst riding for Oxford, not so much a collectors item lol

• Haha 2