British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They can’t as they used them last week. Will have to be two different guests.

Thought that doesn't apply to home number 1? 

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They can’t as they used them last week. Will have to be two different guests.

Pickering could ride as it's for the number 1 but if I remember rightly. Garry May said he'd booked Pickering to ride for Plymouth at Oxford that night.

• Like 1

Games opening ceremony is night after with a 30000 sell out crowd at Alexander Stadium. 

Very likely many security measures will be in force day before though. 

Allow plenty of time

37 minutes ago, HGould said:

Games opening ceremony is night after with a 30000 sell out crowd at Alexander Stadium. 

Very likely many security measures will be in force day before though. 

Allow plenty of time

The chaos started today with traffic restrictions implemented......

Whoops, only just looked & realised where the Games are actually being held from the information above. 

Would be nice to think that Brummies could get a bigger crowd with the number of extra people in the area of Birmingham city centre?.........:rolleyes:

But with the Perry Barr Travelodge charging £114 per night for a room because of the Games it doesn't encourage a speedway fan to travel & stay over.

Mind u there is also a train strike on Wednesday. 

You can see why sadly Birmingham speedway won't be getting my admission money on this occasion.

Ermmmm me balls are snookered ! :(

Edited by Turnip

10 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

The chaos started today with traffic restrictions implemented......

Apparently you can't drive northwards along the Aldridge Road for the next two Brummies matches. A nuisance as I live to the north ...

I also travel north along Aldridge Road to get home & already have my route planned.

Via Witton then Stockland Green Then Erdington & Sutton Coldfield.

You could even go via Witton Spaghetti Junction then Erdington & Sutton Coldfield. 

Yes, I did this a couple of times when they had the road mending; but I think that I will just double back via One Stop. (I park outside the warehouses on Walsall Road).

All this commonwealth games nonsense. Is anyone actually excited about it? Genuine question. Doubt many are interested outside the athletics bubble and the citizens of Birmingham. I doubt I will watch it and I do watch a lot of sport. Hardly the Olympics.

Back to the important stuff and as long as the track is better than last week I expect Pirates to win this one. It would be disappointing if we are not finalists.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Sad 2

Prob between us and Oxford. I won't begrudge Oxford or Brum winning the group as they don't have the playoffs. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Confused 1

I expect us to win at Cowley again. We should win every meeting in our group.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I won't begrudge Oxford or Brum winning the group as they don't have the playoffs. 

Lisa u is being nawty again!!!!

U need some lessons in Piracy or where's the plank?????

Please stop this nonsense!  Jeez :nono:

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I expect us to win at Cowley again. We should win every meeting in our group.

Well said Steve, mind u like we said to u on Wednesday are u feeling ok? All this positivity is very welcome but coming from ur good self is most unusual! :D

Must be the heatwave sun vitmain D rays that are doing ur noggin sum good! 

Quick everyone while Steve is in a positive mood tell him wot drink u would like while he's at the bar :D

:cheers:

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Prob between us and Oxford. I won't begrudge Oxford or Brum winning the group as they don't have the playoffs. 

If you are in it you want to win it dont you? I expect us to win this group easily. Oxford and Birmingham just not good enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If you are in it you want to win it dont you? I expect us to win this group easily. Oxford and Birmingham just not good enough. 

As TrackPrat hacked into Lisa's account?  :o