British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

11 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Birmingham should have forfeited the meeting to save what is going to be extremely expensive night for Poole through no fault of theirs.

Or postponed it? What's the rush anyway? We all know the final of the Summer Trophy won't be until the autumn and since when did Poole ride on a Friday? They've been going on for the last few seasons how it had to be Wednesday's... and there'll be no clash with Birmingham being the other Wednesday track as their last match is August the 10th

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, ray c said:

you would think the poole   promotors would make a statement on this farce .just proves there are no riders about these days :t:

Maybe Poole will tell their fans that It'll be "A night like no other"? It's what the Brummies are doing on their Social Media posts.  One thing's for certain, one way or another, it will absolutely live up to that billing. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, iainb said:

Or postponed it? What's the rush anyway? We all know the final of the Summer Trophy won't be until the autumn and since when did Poole ride on a Friday? They've been going on for the last few seasons how it had to be Wednesday's... and there'll be no clash with Birmingham being the other Wednesday track as their last match is August the 10th

Birmingham have the under 21 final on the 31st,Poole have meetings weds all through august and then there is at 1 cup match  at least and play off meetings.it’s a Friday because Birmingham have first dabs on Wednesdays.

• Like 1

i see there are no comments from any poole supporters other than myself and lisa .strange 

An utter shambles, this should have been postponed, it just shows the sport up for ridicule.

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

i see there are no comments from any poole supporters other than myself and lisa .strange 

Ha, yeah. Didn't notice that! 

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

I'm still here, been commenting on some threads on Facebook, guess what, were cheating :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tracy Bird said:

Birmingham have the under 21 final on the 31st,Poole have meetings weds all through august and then there is at 1 cup match  at least and play off meetings.it’s a Friday because Birmingham have first dabs on Wednesdays.

The Birmingham team are not riding on the 31st and neither are the Poole team... or there's the Bank Holiday

1 minute ago, daz9100 said:

Poole have Middlo's testimonial on the 31st

They should make tonight's match the Middlo testimonial it has about a much relevance

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

British Speedway hits a new low :shock:

No wonder they aren't allowing replies to the team sheet tweet they've put out

That maybe just you:D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

They should make tonight's match the Middlo testimonial it has about a much relevance

And who’s going to pay the stadium rental tonight ?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Bit mean! Considering what he has been put through in the past regarding his testimonial. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tracy Bird said:

And who’s going to pay the stadium rental tonight ?

Iain!! 

• Haha 1

Fair enough about Middlo's testimonial, but really this match should not be going ahead tonight (as an "official" fixture), it makes a complete mockery of the sport and i think, correct me if I'm wrong, sets a new precedent on how many riders is acceptable to make a team

Edited by iainb