British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

Just got in and seen the Brum team. Absolutely disgusting effort from the Brum promotion. 

Thing is most speedway fans will turn up clueless of the team makeup plus there’s a lot of tourists about so the attendance might not be too bad. However this has 65-25 written all over it.

As a Poole fan I will be there. I don’t pick and choose my meetings. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised Her Majesty Queen  Elizabeth II hasn't disowned the competition! Does she know about this I wonder? If somebody tells her it may just finish her off!

22 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm surprised Her Majesty Queen  Elizabeth II hasn't disowned the competition! Does she know about this I wonder? If somebody tells her it may just finish her off!

The Tower of London for some of those who run the sport....

"Orf with their heads" .   

"And hes anywan seen may Arndrew? He seems to hev gorn oyt again"

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2

Is this mouthwatering clash being streamed by any chance?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Kinda of feel like I have to go just so the club doesn't lose too much money. As they are going to lose a lot from paying the riders as it is.

What a hero you are!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

But they haven't all said no, that’s how they have come up with this team. Poole only have so many dates for home matches available and so would be keen to get the fixture completed. You will have noticed Redcar couldn’t come with a guest for their fixture at Scunthorpe ? Because those that may have been available are already booked to guest elsewhere? but with the over complicated, but bendy, rulebook that exists it’s neigh on impossible to give this sport any credibility.

Poole haven’t ridden at least 5 weeks this season already! plenty of dates ,can use the track any day now dogs are gone!

43 minutes ago, M.D said:

I believe so...

But they have put that geographical block on it to encourage their potential patrons to attend...

I believe the block goes to the Outer Hebrides...:D

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, M.D said:

Yes it is. With dartsman Scott Michell on coms. 

Crowd is very decent size. Track well watered. 

I think starke for vissing, complin for shanes and morley for isnt a million miles away from what you expect.

But from my reckoning max clegg, the thompsons and cameron heeps could have all covered for either morris or neilsen.

Wells or batchekor could have stepped in for auty.

1. Batchelor or Wells

2. Clegg

3. Starke

4. Heeps

5. Sedgman

6. Complin

7. Morley

Whats the rule surrounding unattached riders? Wethers could have stepped in for Vissing and starke rode at 1? Also kyle newman, ty Procter, josh macdonald and george congreve too?

Surely Congreve fancied it after being dropped by newcastle and still being here? Rode on the IOW too last night. Would have made sense logistically

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Fine, but.....

If the extra tournament had been staged in springtime, the meetings now taking place would be Championship matches -- with the same number of injured/suspended/unavailable riders missing.

Birmingham (and Plymouth) have been blighted this season, with every effort to replace long-term absentees thwarted by total unavailability of new riders.

The real reason for the drastic rider-famine is Brexit.     Any speedway fan who voted for it must now be realising what a monster they helped create.

Anyone who voted Brexit.... ? 

Idiots!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes it is. With dartsman Scott Michell on coms. 

Crowd is very decent size. Track well watered. 

Good practice for Poole... I bet my months salary that Ablitt is replaced for the play offs :)

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Anyone who voted Brexit.... ? 

Idiots!

If people want to blame Brexit for the rider shortage how would they explain all of the European riders that are riding in this country with no problems at all?

I think the issues may very well be elsewhere, with one country in particular

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, iainb said:

If people want to blame Brexit for the rider shortage how would they explain all of the European riders that are riding in this country with no problems as all?

I think the issues may very well be elsewhere, with one country in particular

I was commenting from a general point of view... not speedway related.

Just my opinion....

Majority of people that voted brexit are racists, or rephrased...they voted brexit to try and prevent immigration... totally racist imo!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I was commenting from a general point of view... not speedway related.

Just my opinion....

Majority of people that voted brexit are racists, or rephrased...they voted brexit to try and prevent immigration... totally racist imo!

How have you reached that conclusion? You didn't ask my parents for example, who simply wanted to leave the EU.

2 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

How have you reached that conclusion? You didn't ask my parents for example, who simply wanted to leave the EU.

From the people I asked ... that's how I reached it.  P.s apologies to your parents, if they campus their hand on their heart and say they treat every individual, exactly the same.

Edited by GiveusaB