Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Wolves v Kings Lynn 25/7/22

Hats off to Leon Flint. He's finally figured out the track. 

I’ve been both a rider and a mechanic and it’s time to ban the mechanics from the track after an unsatisfactory start, it’s annoying and unnecessary , straight back to the start 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 8

Just watched heat 6 and time to turn off.

Jorgensen had a nibble at tapes, but why do riders have to refuel and faff with bikes (Tatum) If they have the tools timing change (Stead)

Why do we have to put up with second rate guests as commentators lining their pockets at every conceivable event and causing chaos doing so.

This is why speedway is in a downward spiral due to these parasites who actually believe they are doing a great job.

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’ve been both a rider and a mechanic and it’s time to ban the mechanics from the track after an unsatisfactory start, it’s annoying and unnecessary , straight back to the start 

The bike you start the race with is the bike you should start the re run with when it is no more than an unsatisfactory start..

No pit gate open. Straight back round..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair...

You cannot compare Poland's version of Speedway to the UK example..

It's like comparing Premier League football to the Evostick Northern Premier League football..

In Poland it means so much, with promotion, relegation, big crowds, professional infrastructure, and huge financial rewards, sponsorship, and media coverage...

None of those things apply over here, therefore it is what it is..

Which is pretty much a vehicle for lads to earn as much as they can to justify a large outlay on kit..

As the race with Pickering showed, the spectacle is still worth watching, even if the operating model clearly, and obviously, doesnt do it any favours...

Beats Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders on a Monday...:D

Having you finger nails pulled out with a rusty pair of pliers beats watching that rubbish.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Hats off to Leon Flint. He's finally figured out the track. 

I quite rate Flint, like his attitude and his riding style reminds me of Leigh Adams a bit

• Like 1

Stevie vs. Richie loser buys the petrol on the way home?

11 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Just watched heat 6 and time to turn off.

Jorgensen had a nibble at tapes, but why do riders have to refuel and faff with bikes (Tatum) If they have the tools timing change (Stead)

Why do we have to put up with second rate guests as commentators lining their pockets at every conceivable event and causing chaos doing so.

This is why speedway is in a downward spiral due to these parasites who actually believe they are doing a great job.

That's a rather strange happening IMO!!!!

Lawson's really struggled around Monmore this year which is a big surprise considering the experience he's got around the technical tracks from his Lakeside & Eastbourne days.

Superb piece of riding from Lewis Kerr. 

Runs as wide as he could possibly go to gift Sam Masters an easy pass via the Karlsson corridor 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Superb piece of riding from Lewis Kerr. 

Runs as wide as he could possibly go to gift Sam Masters an easy pass via the Karlsson corridor 

To be fair to Kerr..

Not many riders at Wolves lock up on bends one and two and pass up the inside exiting turn two..:D

NB: Even Simon Stead has hardly mentioned it...:D

Edited by mikebv

Riders should just not be penalised for moving in my opinion, as long as you don’t touch the tapes let the race go, would cut down on a lot of re runs and late nights 

• Like 2

Dont Speedway riders ever watch racing from Monmore?

I presume not...:D

Nor I presume must their team managers...

Edit: And again...:rolleyes::unsure:

Edited by mikebv

It's so annoying when riders just give up when there at the back, the amount of riders who have done it tonight is ridiculous.

• Like 1