British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Plymouth vs Oxford 26/07/22 CJL

Teams:

Team : Ben Barker; Alfi Bowtell, Adam Roynon (Guest for Hans Andersen), R/R (for Edward Kennett); James Wright (Guest for Michael Palm-Toft), Ben Morley, Connor Coles (Guest for Harry McGurk)

The Oxford line-up  is Scott Nicholls (Captain), Paul Starke, Jack Thomas, Aaron Summers, Troy Batchelor, Cameron Heeps, Nathan Stoneman.

From plymouth-speedway.com

Away for Oxford imo. Trouble getting guests? I'm assuming Jack is r/r as on Oxford site says he has swelling and is r/r this week.

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Teams:

Team : Ben Barker; Alfi Bowtell, Adam Roynon (Guest for Hans Andersen), R/R (for Edward Kennett); James Wright (Guest for Michael Palm-Toft), Ben Morley, Connor Coles (Guest for Harry McGurk)

The Oxford line-up  is Scott Nicholls (Captain), Paul Starke, Jack Thomas, Aaron Summers, Troy Batchelor, Cameron Heeps, Nathan Stoneman.

From plymouth-speedway.com

Away for Oxford imo. Trouble getting guests? I'm assuming Jack is r/r as on Oxford site says he has swelling and is r/r this week.

I've referred to this on another topic.

How long before a rider has ridden for every Club in the CL in this season or even on CL and PL.

It must be the case that Heat Leaders on 7-8 point averages are probably by now so fatigued by the miles travelled and laps done that they and their bikes are in no fit state to take every booking offered. Unlike past years most have probably not set foot outside the UK either.

PL Monday and Thursday, CL team probabaly oe home and one away per week and guest bookings on nights/days off, 6 days a week for sure (now no Newcastle) but 7 days a week when any other team picks a Sunday. 

The more extreme places geographically are going to be the first to suffer in terms of getting Guests and same for Away Teams travelling there.

I’m Plymouth through and through and have zero inside knowledge but if I didn’t have a season ticket and saw that team would I be encouraged to part with my cash I’m not sure I would and I can’t believe I’m saying that 3 reserves in the team Heeps must be rubbing his hands.lets hope I’m wrong and by 9.30 I’m eating humble pie.

If you've seen Heeps so far this season, I wouldn't be to worried. In this instance, I'd welcome some humble pie :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m Plymouth through and through and have zero inside knowledge but if I didn’t have a season ticket and saw that team would I be encouraged to part with my cash I’m not sure I would and I can’t believe I’m saying that 3 reserves in the team Heeps must be rubbing his hands.lets hope I’m wrong and by 9.30 I’m eating humble pie.

Anybody who attends the sport for anything other than to see a good nights entertainment and decent racing is living in a fantasy  world.Results mean nothing in GB speedway.IMO

Couldn’t disagree more I want my team to win all the time but after finding out a bit more now I understand why the team we have put out tonight is out there.

Lets hope Mark has managed to sort the track out?!

Roynon is included as a free preactice ahead of Centurions meetings, not sure if Wrights average would fit at 1 (possibility) , Coles has to be a step up on McGurk and could be viewed for a change or next season option? 

Its not always madness behind decisions even if it looks like them. 

Anyone know the actual riding order? Guess RR at 2 , Bowtell & Roynon at 3&4 , with Wright at 5?

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Roynon is included as a free preactice ahead of Centurions meetings, not sure if Wrights average would fit at 1 (possibility) , Coles has to be a step up on McGurk and could be viewed for a change or next season option? 

Its not always madness behind decisions even if it looks like them. 

Anyone know the actual riding order? Guess RR at 2 , Bowtell & Roynon at 3&4 , with Wright at 5?

In fairness I think most people could work out why Roynon is guesting, I think the issue is they've got him guesting for their top 3. Which is madness.

• Like 2

I believe lots of work has taken place this week reference the track let’s hope it holds up  for the rest of the season.

Can't see many turning up for this, 4 guests, 2 r/r:blink:

22 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Can't see many turning up for this, 4 guests, 2 r/r:blink:

VIP stand on bend 1 sold out

I thought Newcastle Diamonds  had reformed until I seen Ben Morley’s name