British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Championship Pairs, Oxford.. Friday, 12th. August

Crazy the BSPA expect fans to travel to such a meeting while taking in Cardiff yet with less than a week till the meeting there has been no mention of line-ups.

Typical poor show yet again

8 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Crazy the BSPA expect fans to travel to such a meeting while taking in Cardiff yet with less than a week till the meeting there has been no mention of line-ups.

I'm taking 5 pens with me! :lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:53 AM, Petecc said:

I would be surprised if they were to tell you that ticket sales were poor and no body is interested.  That's marketing 

They did for the SoN,

...and look how that turned out!

On 8/1/2022 at 11:28 AM, Jaizer said:

Any ideas on lineups? Plymouth even have a fit pair, do Birmingham? Cook, masters and ostergaard injured at weekend.

Plymouth have got 2 guest riders :t:

• Haha 3

I should imagine, if he is allowed to anyways, that it would be Leon and Bomber riding for Berwick! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Update, I'm taking 10 pens with to share with the only other person who will be attending..

One Pirate & One Lion  :lol:

On 8/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, poole keith said:

yes, we did on tuesday

Weren't sure they would fit on those concrete terraces. Should be a hot evening weather wise.:drink:

As I'm Veg I will ask my partner in business Fruit  to see if we can supply some 'Fresh Pears!'   :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

15 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Plymouth have got 2 guest riders :t:

I think Plymouth have still got 2 available riders ,  Morley and McGurk so no guests needed for this one .… unless Lawson has different ideas on Wednesday of coarse !

On 8/7/2022 at 9:06 AM, Bandits4eva said:

I should imagine, if he is allowed to anyways, that it would be Leon and Bomber riding for Berwick! 

Edited by Gambo95
Wrong info.

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Ricky partners bomber in the pairs (according to the Berwick site).

British Speedway twitter have tweeted everyone's line ups and Berwick have Harris and Flint.

Edited by lisa-colette

Where does the sun sit in relation to Oxford Stadium? As in, will it be shining in our faces or will it be 'hidden' behind the stand?

I've not been down yonder since a British Final many moons ago and can't remember if I fried that night or not. Given the forecast for Friday, I could very well melt :oops:

Line-ups

Group A

Leicester: Morris & Worrall

Edinburgh: Masters & Pickering

Glasgow: Cook & Basso

Scunthorpe: Douglas & Lambert

Birmingham: Sedgmen & Morris

Group B

Poole: King & Worrall

Plymouth: Andersen & Barker (TBC)

Berwick: Harris & Flint

Oxford: Nicholls & Summers

Redcar: Wright & Kerr

Edited by baiden
  • Like 1

And the Speedway GB site claims Smiler Sam is riding for Edinburgh.

But it's only a week since he had 9 screws put into his shattered collar bone - so surely not?

It's a Mickey Mouse event that presumably pays peanuts.

Rest up Sam!!

1 minute ago, King Jamie said:

Where does the sun sit in relation to Oxford Stadium? As in, will it be shining in our faces or will it be 'hidden' behind the stand?

I've not been down yonder since a British Final many moons ago and can't remember if I fried that night or not. Given the forecast for Friday, I could very well melt :oops:

Sun will be in your faces around bends 1 & 2 and the home straight, behind you bends 3 & 4

• Thanks 1