British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Championship Pairs, Oxford.. Friday, 12th. August

5 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Where does the sun sit in relation to Oxford Stadium? As in, will it be shining in our faces or will it be 'hidden' behind the stand?

I've not been down yonder since a British Final many moons ago and can't remember if I fried that night or not. Given the forecast for Friday, I could very well melt :oops:

Beware of the sun, it gets hot that far south

See you Friday

Just now, The Third Man said:

Beware of the sun, it gets hot that far south

See you Friday

Yes, defo see you there. I'll be the one with a bed sheet over my head :unsure:

20 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

And the Speedway GB site claims Smiler Sam is riding for Edinburgh.

But it's only a week since he had 9 screws put into his shattered collar bone - so surely not?

It's a Mickey Mouse event that presumably pays peanuts.

Rest up Sam!!

I'd rather the Pirates win it and be known as Mickey Mouse than not compete and be known as a Donald Duck  :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Yes, defo see you there. I'll be the one with a bed sheet over my head :unsure:

And I'll be the one with a knotted handkerchief on me head & reclining in a deck chair! :D

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

British Speedway twitter have tweeted everyone's line ups and Berwick have Harris and Flint.

Thanks for that.

Think it was on the Berwick Facebook page I seen it on (was on about the Bullets on Tuesday, Bandits on Wednesday and Leon a reserve at Cardiff).

4 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Thanks for that.

Think it was on the Berwick Facebook page I seen it on (was on about the Bullets on Tuesday, Bandits on Wednesday and Leon a reserve at Cardiff).

Also on the BSPA website. Take a few spare pens though coz I can't see that staying as it is as per norm :rolleyes: 

CHAMPIONSHIP PAIRS LINE-UPS - Monday, August 8, 2022 (britishspeedway.co.uk)

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 2

I will be attending with my mother who needs to sit (not disabled, just can't stand for that long).  From what i can see from pictures and videos i'm not convinced there is any seating?  We have our own chairs to bring and i see someone has already confirmed that they can be taken in.  Is there any area that is better for using seats?  I.e. if some terracing is too small to fit a standard folding chair or there's a busy standing area where a chair will be a nuisance.

I have tried looking at the grandstand but can't see any way of booking it?

Masters just had shoulder surgery. Be some effort to come back. Saying that Shane rode with a broken collarbone the 2nd year we won it so it's doable

10 minutes ago, IpswichDave said:

I will be attending with my mother who needs to sit (not disabled, just can't stand for that long).  From what i can see from pictures and videos i'm not convinced there is any seating?  We have our own chairs to bring and i see someone has already confirmed that they can be taken in.  Is there any area that is better for using seats?  I.e. if some terracing is too small to fit a standard folding chair or there's a busy standing area where a chair will be a nuisance.

I have tried looking at the grandstand but can't see any way of booking it?

Seats in the grandstand (inside) are first come first served, no separate booking, you would need to arrive virtually as the gates open I reckon to bag a decent seat. Terrace is much the same, chairs can be used virtually anywhere, probably be stand to watch the racing and sit between heats thou. Normally busier around the 3rd and 4th bends. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baiden said:

Sun will be in your faces around bends 1 & 2 and the home straight, behind you bends 3 & 4

But be very aware................you may have the sun behind you on bends 3 & 4 but the storm billows of dust will be in yer face and everywhere else! I hope Oxford have sorted that out because when I was there with me Pirates (Championship meeting) that was totally unacceptable especially when selling the sport to new people on that evening. I've never been in such awful conditions in 43 years of going to speedway. I referred to the water truck as a dog cocking it's leg to piddle!

I'm attending the pairs and as we know the temperature is going to be el scorchio centigrade so they should be prepared to get plenty of water into the track. 

As they say on Network Rail......See it Say it Sorted!

:t:

• Haha 1

What a joke the BSPA are.

Announcing line ups with riders who are injured & have no chance of riding in the meeting . 

Sam Masters, Ashley Morris, Craig Cook are all injured. 

Ben Barker is currently banned 

17 minutes ago, Hilly said:

Seats in the grandstand (inside) are first come first served, no separate booking, you would need to arrive virtually as the gates open I reckon to bag a decent seat. Terrace is much the same, chairs can be used virtually anywhere, probably be stand to watch the racing and sit between heats thou. Normally busier around the 3rd and 4th bends. Hope that helps.

Many thanks

Anyone confirm the scoring method? Is it 3 2 1,0 or proper pairs scoring 4,3,2 0?