British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Championship Pairs, Oxford.. Friday, 12th. August

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyone confirm the scoring method? Is it 3 2 1,0 or proper pairs scoring 4,3,2 0?

Very good question, of which I await the answer. 

I need to program my abacus :D

20 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Very good question, of which I await the answer. 

I need to program my abacus :D

Always been 4-3-2-0

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Third Man said:

Always been 4-3-2-0

Been a while since I've been to the pairs as I've always been in Cardiff on the Friday when it was held at Somerset. But not going to Cardiff this year so a visit to Oxford & the pairs :t:

43 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

What a joke the BSPA are.

Announcing line ups with riders who are injured & have no chance of riding in the meeting . 

Sam Masters, Ashley Morris, Craig Cook are all injured. 

Ben Barker is currently banned 

Leon is probably at SGP Practice

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

But be very aware................you may have the sun behind you on bends 3 & 4 but the storm billows of dust will be in yer face and everywhere else! I hope Oxford have sorted that out because when I was there with me Pirates (Championship meeting) that was totally unacceptable especially when selling the sport to new people on that evening. I've never been in such awful conditions in 43 years of going to speedway. I referred to the water truck as a dog cocking it's leg to piddle!

I'm attending the pairs and as we know the temperature is going to be el scorchio centigrade so they should be prepared to get plenty of water into the track. 

As they say on Network Rail......See it Say it Sorted!

:t:

What absolute nonsense. I was at that meeting, and stood on the third bend, and it certainly wasn’t that bad. It was dusty, but nowhere near the worst meeting I’ve attended this season (Birmingham v Oxford) - let alone in all the years I’ve been going to speedway. To say it’s the worst you’ve seen in 43 years is just ridiculous. 

Edited by baiden
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IpswichDave said:

I will be attending with my mother who needs to sit (not disabled, just can't stand for that long).  From what i can see from pictures and videos i'm not convinced there is any seating?  We have our own chairs to bring and i see someone has already confirmed that they can be taken in.  Is there any area that is better for using seats?  I.e. if some terracing is too small to fit a standard folding chair or there's a busy standing area where a chair will be a nuisance.

I have tried looking at the grandstand but can't see any way of booking it?

hi,

You can take your own i do every week, the start straight terrace you would be fine with a stool unless by the wall but I would say the 3rd/4th bend would be much better for a deck chair as the steps are much wider 

enjoy :) 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Normski said:

Leon is probably at SGP Practice

I could be wrong but I thought the GP practice was early Saturday afternoon.

2 hours ago, baiden said:

Line-ups

Group A

Leicester: Morris & Worrall

Edinburgh: Masters & Pickering

Glasgow: Cook & Basso

Scunthorpe: Douglas & Lambert

Birmingham: Sedgmen & Morris

Group B

Poole: King & Worrall

Plymouth: Andersen & Barker (TBC)

Berwick: Harris & Flint

Oxford: Nicholls & Summers

Redcar: Wright & Kerr

I would think all the teams will have a reserve to.

14 minutes ago, baiden said:

What absolute nonsense. I was at that meeting, and stood on the third bend, and it certainly wasn’t that bad. It was dusty, but nowhere near the worst meeting I’ve attended this season (Birmingham v Oxford) - let alone in all the years I’ve been going to speedway. To say it’s the worst you’ve seen in 43 years is just ridiculous. 

How can you say my comment is nonsense/ridiculous? Av u been with me to all the meetings that I have attended?

No you haven't so that makes ur reply irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Doubt it. Has never been the case before and anyway 30 riders in the pits would be a tight squeeze.

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Masters had an operation at the weekend for a broken collarbone(& had a dislocated shoulder).  ??

13 minutes ago, screm said:

I could be wrong but I thought the GP practice was early Saturday afternoon.

QUALIFYING PRACTICE - FRIDAY, AUGUST 12 - NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

The SpeedwayGP stars battle it out for first choice of starting number as they bid to clock the fastest flying laps in qualifying practice.

3:00 PM

10 minutes ago, Turnip said:

How can you say my comment is nonsense/ridiculous? Av u been with me to all the meetings that I have attended?

No you haven't so that makes ur reply irrelevant.

No, but maybe you should go back and read your comments on this forum when the meeting was originally staged. You didn’t even mention about the dust until Shovlar did, and even then you commented about how it happens a lot, and was similar as a Leicester meeting you went to. The ‘43 years’ comment just makes you look a bit silly - at least it does to anybody who was actually there. We know the truth. 

Stop being deliberately negative and trying to put people off. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, baiden said:

No, but maybe you should go back and read your comments on this forum when the meeting was originally staged. You didn’t even mention about the dust until Shovlar did, and even then you commented about how it happens a lot, and was similar as a Leicester meeting you went to. The ‘43 years’ comment just makes you look a bit silly - at least it does to anybody who was actually there. We know the truth. 

Stop being deliberately negative and trying to put people off. 

Hey well, ask Mr Shovlar to produce the evidence as he took photos & then the truth be known!

Toot Toot :D

Edited by Turnip

@baiden

Still, as I mentioned in my post above, I'm still attending the pairs on Friday so that gives a positive message not a negative one.

Toot Toot :D