British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RS50

League Cup Final Sheffield v Kings Lynn

As it is now 10 weeks since the finalists became known, I have started to wonder if there will be a final. Now only a few days before August, quite a few fixtures in the next few weeks, and also very likely that one of the teams (probably Sheffield) will be in the play offs.

Why the delay in setting dates. Kings Lynn holding out until they can make changes?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RS50 said:

As it is now 10 weeks since the finalists became known, I have started to wonder if there will be a final. Now only a few days before August, quite a few fixtures in the next few weeks, and also very likely that one of the teams (probably Sheffield) will be in the play offs.

Why the delay in setting dates. Kings Lynn holding out until they can make changes?

What else is October for if not the final of the Spring trophy :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

King's Lynn are just waiting for some injuries to Sheffield who'll then have to use Peterborough rider's for guests. 

Tactical 

• Haha 2

I’d even forgotten who was in the final it seems that long ago 

On 7/27/2022 at 12:15 PM, Haza said:

I’d even forgotten who was in the final it seems that long ago 

It is all very exciting isn't it?....;)

• Haha 2

Just goes to show the issues around the sport. I was recently reading a post on the Ipswich speedway memories Facebook page. In there was a newspaper cutting & part of the reason for Chris shears being booted out of Foxhall was for breaking the contract where he had to stage a minimum of 30 meetings he managed 28. 

Today this lot struggle to fit in less than 20.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Just goes to show the issues around the sport. I was recently reading a post on the Ipswich speedway memories Facebook page. In there was a newspaper cutting & part of the reason for Chris shears being booted out of Foxhall was for breaking the contract where he had to stage a minimum of 30 meetings he managed 28. 

Today this lot struggle to fit in less than 20.

I guess in those days we was more flexible on race nights (though Ipswich was mainly Thursday) at KL they was Saturdays and could throw in some Sunday afternoons as well - but now with basically the same rider riding in both leagues fixtures less flexible I guess that said there is weeks with no racing - you’d have thought fitting 20 fixtures in between March and October would be so simple but this is British speedway we are talking about . 

4 hours ago, Haza said:

I guess in those days we was more flexible on race nights (though Ipswich was mainly Thursday) at KL they was Saturdays and could throw in some Sunday afternoons as well - but now with basically the same rider riding in both leagues fixtures less flexible I guess that said there is weeks with no racing - you’d have thought fitting 20 fixtures in between March and October would be so simple but this is British speedway we are talking about . 

Don’t forget that championship clubs don’t ride on a Monday or Thursday night but how many Mondays or Thursdays have we had where all six teams have been riding…….very few

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

Don’t forget that championship clubs don’t ride on a Monday or Thursday night but how many Mondays or Thursdays have we had where all six teams have been riding…….very few

And how many have we had where none have been riding?

On 7/29/2022 at 9:41 AM, Haza said:

20 fixtures?  With the League Cup, the League and the Pairs, it’s 13 to be squeezed in at home …

Edited by Roger Jacobs

On 7/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, iainb said:

And how many have we had where none have been riding?

They need a full summer holiday quota if they have any sense?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 9:53 PM, RS50 said:

I think Lynn have just signed Klindt, so that should fix it.

With Sheffield now riding every Monday and Thursday between now and the 12th September, also add in the need to race the Wolves league fixture before whatever cut off date the BSPA has come up with then the play offs and final, along with the rearranged British Final we are probably looking at late October before this fixture can be fitted in 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:58 AM, Trees said:

They need a full summer holiday quota if they have any sense?

Yes can’t understand why we don’t have a home meeting every week in late July and August when kids are off school and a lot of people on holiday at sunny hunny

• Like 2