British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RS50

New Guest Rule?

Just seen this on the BSPL website.

Birmingham name Lewis Kerr, Kye Thomson and Jason Edwards as guests for injured/unavailable trio Josh Auty, Claus Vissing and Jason Edwards.

So, Jason Edwards is guesting for???:D

was this worth a whole new topic?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, iainb said:

was this worth a whole new topic?

No

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Midland Red said:

No

That's what I thought... but we'll see if we can keep it going :drink:

1 minute ago, iainb said:

That's what I thought... but we'll see if we can keep it going :drink:

Wait for the input from Poole supporters 

• Haha 1

Lisa - Colettes  bound to have some input.

Edited by Dornier

I am just amazed none of the names defaulted to "Chris Harris" when they pressed send...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 12:21 PM, mikebv said:

I am just amazed none of the names defaulted to "Chris Harris" when they pressed send...:D

It would be much easier if C Harris changed his name to A Guest

Plymouth v Birmingham tonight of the 12 riders on show 8 are guests and both sides using R/R , Try explaining that to a newbie.

7 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Plymouth v Birmingham tonight of the 12 riders on show 8 are guests and both sides using R/R , Try explaining that to a newbie.

Try explaining it to me.

• Haha 1

Just now, customhouseregular said:

Try explaining it to me.

uuh uhm can i get back to you on that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2 August 2022 at 8:48 PM, TINYS said:

uuh uhm can i get back to you on that one.

To be fair, domestic Speedway in the UK is now beyond parody...

It is make it up as you go along, and probably won't ever change given it is the 'easiest way' to run it...

But individual tracks are getting decent enough crowds, so enough fans seem happy enough just watching 'any Speedway, without having too much investment in the result...

If you watch the Polish Speedway and attend a UK meeting each week you get the best of both worlds...

In Poland? A proper, bona fide, sporting contest, with a host of world class talent riding in front of thousands of passionate tribal fans, with big financial rewards for success and relegation for failure, financed by major sponsors and massive media coverage...

And over here? You  get to see, (whilst none of the above,)  "live action", which can still deliver a "very good night out"...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

To be fair, domestic Speedway in the UK is now beyond parody...

It is make it up as you go along, and probably won't ever change given it is the 'easiest way' to run it...

But individual tracks are getting decent enough crowds, so enough fans seem happy enough just watching 'any Speedway, without having too much investment in the result...

If you watch the Polish Speedway and attend a UK meeting each week you get the best of both worlds...

In Poland? A proper, bona fide, sporting contest, with a host of world class talent riding in front of thousands of passionate tribal fans, with big financial rewards for success and relegation for failure, financed by major sponsors and massive media coverage...

And over here? You  get to see, (whilst none of the above,)  "live action", which can still deliver a "very good night out"...

You forgot to add Lucky Loser. Something else you can only get in Poland.

• Haha 1