British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Edinburgh v Glasgow , jubilee thingy , 29/7/22@19-30

Just now, Beirao said:

What meetings would he miss? There are only three meetings in August . 

I've no idea the dates but there's some world U23 team cup, if does well in Cardiff might get the WC for SGP2 again. Was some pairs thing he was in France with Harris couple weeks ago sure must be a final for that. 

30 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It's Østergaard. This is set out in the rules: the higher ranking in team order goes to rider with higher average in previous month's GSAs

Are the two averages identical, or can they be split by calculating to more decimal places?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I've no idea the dates but there's some world U23 team cup, if does well in Cardiff might get the WC for SGP2 again. Was some pairs thing he was in France with Harris couple weeks ago sure must be a final for that. 

If on international duty in official FIM or EMU meeting a guest facility is available no matter what number he is in rider order. 

• Thanks 1

I thought British Speedway used to go on a break when the SON was being held or am I mistaken?

59 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Are the two averages identical, or can they be split by calculating to more decimal places?

Averages aren't calculated beyond two decimal places.

9 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Averages aren't calculated beyond two decimal places.

They are - to differentiate between two riders with the same average to two decimal places. See below 

SR010.3 TEAM DECLARATIONS
Teams must be declared prior to the start of the season. Changes must be made at least 3 days before the start time of the meeting at which it is intended to be used.
In any declaration where 2 or more riders hold an identical MA (cannot be determined by a 3rd or more decimal point) then the re-declaration must nominate the hierarchical order. Where riders have a previous MA, then the higher placed rider from the previous issue shall retain the higher position. A rider in a teams declared 1-7 at the end of the previous season, not included in that teams new seasons initial declaration, may not be subsequently re-introduced into that team without the express permission of the Directors.

Edited by NeilWatson

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Much obliged. R/r for Tom if misses any more meetings ain't ideal 

Surely once it gets to the playoffs, all teams will only agree to dates their riders are available?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

I thought British Speedway used to go on a break when the SON was being held or am I mistaken?

You are correct, though I think it was only the top division, though nowadays it doesn't make much difference as the Premiership and Championship are just about identical these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

They are - to differentiate between two riders with the same average to two decimal places. See below 

In any declaration where 2 or more riders hold an identical MA (cannot be determined by a 3rd or more decimal point) then the re-declaration must nominate the hierarchical order. Where riders have a previous MA, then the higher placed rider from the previous issue shall retain the higher position.

No they're not. See highlighted bit from your post :)

3 injured in first heat of a Mickey mouse meeting including both no.1s. brilliant 

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Teams must be declared prior to the start of the season. Changes must be made at least 3 days before the start time of the meeting at which it is intended to be used.
In any declaration where 2 or more riders hold an identical MA (cannot be determined by a 3rd or more decimal point) then the re-declaration must nominate the hierarchical order. Where riders have a previous MA, then the higher placed rider from the previous issue shall retain the higher position. A rider in a teams declared 1-7 at the end of the previous season, not included in that teams new seasons initial declaration, may not be subsequently re-introduced into that team without the express permission of the Directors.

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

No they're not. See highlighted bit from your post :)

You’re misunderstanding the (admittedly badly written) rule. If two riders have the same MA the BSPL office will check both averages to three or more decimal places to see if the equality can be “determined”, that is to see if one MA is fractionally higher than the other. If the two are truly identical then the rest of the rule comes into play.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

Five-a-side speedway, that's a new one on me.

Best wishes to all those injured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

3 injured in first heat of a Mickey mouse meeting including both no.1s. brilliant 

still has to be run tho , dunnit . mickey mouse or not .or is it because you dud not win !

1 minute ago, jenga said:

still has to be run tho , dunnit . mickey mouse or not .or is it because you dud not win !

To be fair, he said that after the heat 1 crash, when 2 Edinburgh riders had withdrawn. His complaint wasn’t that we’d lost, because they hadn’t even completed a race yet.