British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Edinburgh v Glasgow , jubilee thingy , 29/7/22@19-30

Ulrich would never go out to hurt anyone, he's a mate of Paco's, it was racing - Ulle apologised, Paco accepted that, they had a hug and we move on.

Josh did a silly move on Ulrich a few weeks back in Elite, they had a chat, they shake hands, they move on.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Not sure what meeting you were at. !!
Paco left no gap, I was at the 4 th bend. 
Ostrich carried too much speed , dived up the inside where there was no room and wiped him out. 
Reminded me of a similar Wolbert  move on James Grieves at Ashfield in 2011 Scottish Cup which was equally dangerous, and James did not enjoy, or sad to say the Nick Morris move on the same corner that ended Tabakas career. 
All well and good trying to get your team a point, but not if you might hospitalise your opponent. ! 

This is just your opinion of course as Mac has his.

45 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Let them have their glory. Managing to beat us when our top 3 riders weren't there. A result for the ages :blink:

Was actually mainly the Glasgow fans that were toxic last night. There seems to be this new breed of tigers fans that have came along since the new regime that took over who aren’t very pleasant. Paco lying on the floor after getting taken out and chanting “you fell over, you fell over” followed by booing when he got up and a few Abusive shouts chucked in there as well. 

Not to say we don’t have our own fair share of numpties either mind you. However there seems to be this new era of tigers fans who aren’t very pleasant. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Was actually mainly the Glasgow fans that were toxic last night. There seems to be this new breed of tigers fans that have came along since the new regime that took over who aren’t very pleasant. Paco lying on the floor after getting taken out and chanting “you fell over, you fell over” followed by booing when he got up and a few Abusive shouts chucked in there as well. 

Not to say we don’t have our own fair share of numpties either mind you. However there seems to be this new era of tigers fans who aren’t very pleasant. 

There seems to be a football element of fans in both camps, which should not be brought to speedway, there has always been banter and rivalry between the 2 teams, I am an old school fan and have applauded the Monarchs when they have won, I wasn't there last night but I have been to meetings that has had an uncomfortable atmosphere between 2 sets of fans

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Not sure what meeting you were at. !!
Paco left no gap, I was at the 4 th bend. 

I was on the third bend at the end of the straight. I'm sure I heard Castanga shout "Mind the gap" :cheers:

All I would say to Blobby in reply is since the move to Armadale some of the new Monarchs fans aren't so friendly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The H Man said:

Ulrich would never go out to hurt anyone, he's a mate of Paco's, it was racing - Ulle apologised, Paco accepted that, they had a hug and we move on.

Josh did a silly move on Ulrich a few weeks back in Elite, they had a chat, they shake hands, they move on.   

Is that the equivalent of when a football player gets a red for a bad 2 footed tackle and then folk say ‘he’s not that kind of player’ when he clearly is cause he did it 

heat 15 last night I have no issue with that’s racing, heat 9 was dirty, deliberate and I’d say premeditated 

By all reports Ulle is the nicest guy in the world off the track, on it there’s a pretty long list of folk who would say he’s pretty quick to take it to far 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

All I would say to Blobby in reply is since the move to Armadale some of the new Monarchs fans aren't so friendly.

Don’t get me wrong every club has their share of idiots, just seemed to be a fair few more from the west than normal. Majority seem to be since the new regime has taken over. So obviously aren’t very clued up.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I've noticed this since the Polish started coming to Ashfield. I guess they have just brought over some of the tribal traditions seen in that part of the world perhaps.

29 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t get me wrong every club has their share of idiots, just seemed to be a fair few more from the west than normal. Majority seem to be since the new regime has taken over. So obviously aren’t very clued up.

yup edin had same when newcomers came just after back to back titles, expected nothing but wins.

• Like 1

What a bitter sweet meeting that was last night. I would rather lose the match than lose Sam. 

Get well wishes to Sam, Lasse and Craig for speedy recoveries. Horrible crash

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Blobby begining to sound like the supporters of another sport's team. Never defeated always cheated.

Broken collar bone and shoulder (dislocated) injury for Masters, hip , hand and thumb injury for Cook.

Dislocated finger for Fredriksen.

Edited by topaz325