British Speedway Forum
baiden

Ben Barker positive drug test

As many expected, Ben Barker was 'withdrawn' from the Oxford vs Plymouth match last night due to a positive drug (or possibly alcohol) test.

It's on the SCB website here...

Edited by baiden

Aw gawd... does that mean the other riders will be going down on 'bended knee' at the start of every meeting parade to show "is innocent" solidarity? :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Every rider you’d have to do it before a meeting,the powers that be won’t sanction it because there’s not enough riders to round as is….

On 7/28/2022 at 2:40 PM, baiden said:

As many expected, Ben Barker was 'withdrawn' from the Oxford vs Plymouth match last night due to a positive drug (or possibly alcohol) test.

It's on the SCB website here...

It wasn't "positive" it was "non negative" Probably  legal terminology.

Years ago I saw the list of banned substances in the riders handbook given to them, it was an incredibly long list full of things you’d never heard of and it advised if taking  medication or pain killers then to check before taking …I would imagine the test may be the result of a strong painkiller after injury ?

7 hours ago, tyretrax said:

It wasn't "positive" it was "non negative" Probably  legal terminology.

Apparently it's because it cannot be deemed positive until a laboratory test on the sample has been carried out. So the test isn't negative as its shown a banned substance. But it cannot be deemed to be either negative or positive without verification by a laboratory.

Edited by Triple.H.
Typing too fast for my brain to keep up

So it seems the lab have had the test and he’s still banned until a hearing in September

thought it was just painkillers :rolleyes:

I thought he opened his van door and fell out amongst a load of beer tins... if you believe some of the things  you read on here :drink:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iainb said:

I thought he opened his van door and fell out amongst a load of beer tins... if you believe some of the things  you read on here :drink:

Always a bad mistake!

Until the facts come out, we won't know. We just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, iainb said:

Can you quote that particular post please? I can’t find it for some reason.

Apparently he's been found guilty?