British Speedway Forum
CitizenTyler

Plymouth Vs Birmingham (2/8/22)

Lee Complin definitely riding in this meeting, he was due to be riding on the Isle of Wight tomorrow but has with drawn to ride in a Championship meeting.

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Whoever’s left.!,

Kye Thomson has posted that he’s looking for someone to mechanic at Plymouth tomorrow, so I assume he will be another.

34 minutes ago, MalDon45 said:

I think you may have quoted the wrong post? Nowhere in mine do I defend anyone.

Neither do I add opinion on adequacy of testing.  

Merely pointed out that interpretation and application of the rules as they currently stand aren’t complex. And are they only thing that matter on a thread discussing tomorrow’s meeting.

Nope, haven't got the wrong post. You're banging the 'innocent until proven guilty' drum of somebody who produced a 'non-negative' sample - i.e of somebody who had a banned substance in their system. It's not like a 'maybe it was' in his system, it 'was' in his system. I'm pretty sure that would construe a defence in most people's eyes.

39 minutes ago, baiden said:

I'm pretty sure that would construe a defence in most people's eyes.

Only people who don’t know what defence means, and bizarrely confuse it with a statement of fact… 

2 hours ago, MalDon45 said:

Only people who don’t know what defence means, and bizarrely confuse it with a statement of fact… 

If you want to hide behind the statement of fact argument, feel free. I can see now you're a Plymouth fan, who definitely isn't defending Ben Barker, but just stating some facts! :D

Edited by baiden

1 hour ago, baiden said:

If you want to hide behind the statement of fact argument, feel free. I can see now you're a Plymouth fan, who definitely isn't defending Ben Barker, but just stating some facts! :D

I’m sure others are getting as bored of this as I am, so last one from me.

Here’s what I said. If to you its a defence  so be it. Not intended to be. Don’t know any facts so have no opinion. Once concluded, we’ll see.

5 hours ago, MalDon45 said:

Non-negative result = Precautionary suspension of licence, pending findings of the B sample. As such,  presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Anyway. Great line up for the Gladiators. Well done Gary and Mark. Hopefully the Brummies do well in the guest market too. Here’s to a good competitive meeting.

• Like 1

I don’t no if it’s been said earlier but mr barker and Plymouth speedway must be pretty confident of the outcome as he was at Plymouth argyle on Saturday with young ben trigger showing of there bikes and promoting the club and I’d find that very weird if he’d done anything seriously wrong.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I don’t no if it’s been said earlier but mr barker and Plymouth speedway must be pretty confident of the outcome as he was at Plymouth argyle on Saturday with young ben trigger showing of there bikes and promoting the club and I’d find that very weird if he’d done anything seriously wrong.

Yeah saw that on Ben Barker's Instagram. Might have been agreed for him to do it before the failed drugs test though and if Plymouth back him, can't exactly tell him not to do it. I am making a lot of assumptions here though. 

Reading the Ipswich thread looks like they are replacing him? So looks like just be riding for Plymouth when he comes back. 

4 hours ago, baiden said:

On Barker it looks like he's been a proper silly BOY from what I was told at Edinburgh last Friday night off a fellow rider .. allegedly 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

14 hours ago, Brummies23 said:

Plymouth team tomorrow.. surprised Pickering isn’t riding for us the brummies tomorrow. 

Richie Worrall (for Edward Kennett)

R/R for Alfie Bowtell

Lewis Kerr (for michael Palm Toft)

Danyon Hume (for Hans Andersen)

Josh Pickering (for Ben Barker)

Ben Morley

Harry McGurk

anyone got news on brummies team yet??

Pickering's average is too high for him to take the place of one of our absentee's ?

Could of had Basso for Auty though ? (surely its about cost...) nothing to ride for so why go all out?

Edited by GiveusaB

1) Kyle Thomson 

2) Jacob hook 

3) R/R

4) Broc Nicol

5) Justin Sedgmen 

6) lee complin 

7) James Pearson 

Plymouth 62-28 brummies 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

1) Kyle Thomson 

2) Jacob hook 

3) R/R

4) Broc Nicol

5) Justin Sedgmen 

6) lee complin 

7) James Pearson 

Plymouth 62-28 brummies 

That score from a brummies fan. I’m a Plymouth fan and most certainly hope it’s a closer score than that. No one likes it when a team runs away with a meeting. 

best of luck to both sides tonight 

11 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

1) Kyle Thomson 

2) Jacob hook 

3) R/R

4) Broc Nicol

5) Justin Sedgmen 

6) lee complin 

7) James Pearson 

Plymouth 62-28 brummies 

Plymouth 56 - B'ham 34 :D

Thomson/Hook have both done reasonably well at Plymouth this season (according to results )

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Sad 1

So... how many guests? I genuinely don't know who rides for who anymore these days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

So... how many guests? I genuinely don't know who rides for who anymore these days!

4 each (plus r/r times two).

• Thanks 1