British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Oxford Vs Poole Jubilee Cup &Return 2nd-3rd August

After the Pirates demolition of a very under strength and injury hit Birmingham; all roads head to Sandy Lane on Tuesday where the first of two nights of speedway action begin. Poole are favourites to progress through to the final of the Renamed Jubilee Cup.

The Cheetahs will be tough opposition especially at home so expect a tough encounter. 

Thoughts?

Keep it within 6? I know we won there previously this season but was their first home meeting I think. Assuming Jack Thomas is back next week. Also depends who is reserve in August for them.

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Keep it within 6? I know we won there previously this season but was their first home meeting I think. Assuming Jack Thomas is back next week. Also depends who is reserve in August for them.

Heeps and Ruml.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

For the record.......it was their 2nd home meeting after opening to Scunny in the championship.

Oxford no better now than they were then in terms of inconsistencies but obviously the Pirates will be fully focused to avoid any complacency.& I'd expect 2 wins for the skull & crossbones.

Pirates are on the march :t:

All the best at Cowley & see you down WINborne Road :party:

Also I will be in Manchester on Monday, Best of British to Richard, Danny & Stevie in the British Final. C'mon the lads :cheers:

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip

Oxford stronger on paper than their first home meeting against Poole with Summers and Starke now in for Newman and MacDonald (or Stoneman as it was back then), but they are still very inconsistent as you said. 

• Like 1

Hoping for a win in both meetings. We are capable of it. If not run them close and whop them at Wimborne Road.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hoping for a win in both meetings. We are capable of it. If not run them close and whop them at Wimborne Road.

Don't see Batch getting 3 again though! Heeps was HL last time so should be good for 6/7.

Crazy to think on Good Friday Oxford only scored one more point than the Birmingham select team did last Friday!  

Pirates will WIN, no need to over think these things! :D

WINborne Road & borne to WIN :t:

I'm docking in Bournemouth this time on Wednesday again on National Express so early start in the wee hours leaving home @ 0115am. Get into Bournemouth at about 1030am. Then get the train to the land of the Pirate around 5pm. 

Just hope they've sorted the air con on the National Express coz last time I got off the bus I was walking like Pingu! :D I've still got the chafe marks from last time reet up to the congicles! :lol:

Quick question to any cheetahs fans. Do you have to buy a separate ticket for the bar and restaurant areas or is it first come first served or part of the general admission as I haven't been to Cowley since the early 2000s thanks in advance?

Both teams at full strength as long as all those in the British Final come through unscathed.  Should be close at Sandy Lane.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Both teams at full strength as long as all those in the British Final come through unscathed.  Should be close at Sandy Lane.

And today at Glasgow with Richard guesting. Ulle already withdrawn in that meeting. 

Edited by lisa-colette

33 minutes ago, TB1 said:

Quick question to any cheetahs fans. Do you have to buy a separate ticket for the bar and restaurant areas or is it first come first served or part of the general admission as I haven't been to Cowley since the early 2000s thanks in advance?

It’s first come first served. Just one ticket available - general admission - and you can go where you want.

C'mon the Pirates

Me luvvly Pirates

You make me happy when skies are grey

:party:

The BSPA Chairman trying to make a decision:rofl:

Making me mind up :party: (Bucks Fizz)

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip

A Pirates' parrot in training for special ops!

B)

Edited by Turnip