British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Oxford Vs Poole Jubilee Cup &Return 2nd-3rd August

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

If you look at it in slow motion he didn't touch him 

Also MPT turned in to try to defend his position. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hardly any Oxford fans present. Only up the road but if there were a handful there they were not visible. They missed a great meeting and their team did them proud.

Most of us chose the Oxford Chargers home meeting last night mate, that's where we were!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Most of us chose the Oxford Chargers home meeting last night mate, that's where we were!  

Why travel anyway if you got a meeting at home :t:

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

Why travel anyway if you got a meeting at home :t:

Because you would rather see your first team possibly!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Genuine question.. What is the Poole obsession with crowd figures ( Home and away clubs) ? 

Willy waving.

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But if you can watch a meeting at home without having to use a load of time and petrol why would you not? 

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I'd rather, 1) not travel as far if I didn't have to for live speedway, 2) not pay as much for tickets when I don't have to (must have been almost £15 cheaper), 3) give what money I do pay to my home promotion.

I think it's important to support both teams when they are at home. If everybody had gone to Poole, those poor kids would have ridden in front of an empty stadium.

Edited by baiden

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Willy waving.

But if you can watch a meeting at home without having to use a load of time and petrol why would you not? 

Yeah, it's quite strange. Poole fans seem to see it as some sort of badge of honour. But, from what I'm hearing, Oxford are probably getting larger home attendances than Poole. Plus, I wouldn't say the number of Poole fans that visited Sandy Lane on Tuesday was the biggest we've seen. Think there were more visiting Plymouth fans for the league fixture, and.... almost as many Glasgow fans, who would have traveled well over 500 miles more on a round trip. Now that was impressive!

Poole definitely the loudest, though.

Edited by baiden

I've stopped going to Poole.

Full of the Speedway eqivalent of Sun + Mail Readers who think they know everything, cheers when opposition riders fall and cheer when there riders knock them off and altogether an uncomfortabe atmosphere if you sit in that Stand in away team colours. Bigots probably best sums the worst of them up.

Thankfully most Speedway supporters are mild mannered enough to cope with it but I voted with my feet some years ago. I've done Brummies at Cradley / Wolves / Coventry , Black Country derbies in the past but never met a more blinkered set as at Poole

As for when they visit your own Track, you'll wonder if the clown Prince and his merry band have actually been watching a match in a parallel universe so utterly biased are they in all they see, say and report.

Sooner they go back to the Premier the better.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Willy waving.

spending anything up to a £100 in the process no thank you 

20 minutes ago, HGould said:

Full of the Speedway eqivalent of Sun + Mail Readers who think they know everything, cheers when opposition riders fall and cheer when there riders knock them off and altogether an uncomfortabe atmosphere if you sit in that Stand in away team colours. Bigots probably best sums the worst of them up.

Thankfully most Speedway supporters are mild mannered enough to cope with it but I voted with my feet some years ago. I've done Brummies at Cradley / Wolves / Coventry , Black Country derbies in the past but never met a more blinkered set as at Poole

As for when they visit your own Track, you'll wonder if the clown Prince and his merry band have actually been watching a match in a parallel universe so utterly biased are they in all they see, say and report.

Bigot

/ˈbɪɡət/

noun

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Mr Gould

With the comment that you av made it seems upon definition of the word bigot that u av in fact called urself a bigot?

That's how I understand the very clear definition. 

Interesting :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, baiden said:

Yeah, it's quite strange. Poole fans seem to see it as some sort of badge of honour. But, from what I'm hearing, Oxford are probably getting larger home attendances than Poole. Plus, I wouldn't say the number of Poole fans that visited Sandy Lane on Tuesday was the biggest we've seen. Think there were more visiting Plymouth fans for the league fixture, and.... almost as many Glasgow fans, who would have traveled well over 500 miles more on a round trip. Now that was impressive!

Poole definitely the loudest, though.

I think that with many on here continuing to bang the drum about speedway attendances dropping everywhere, Poole fans (and Oxford too it seems) simply want to state that crowds are still very buoyant.

Witnessing comments from other promotions, they too appreciate the number of travelling Poole fans plus the positive effect on home/neutral fan numbers when Poole visit those tracks.

As for last night's meeting Oxford were excellent value and were unlucky not to take anything away from the meeting having led all the way to heat 14!!

Having to watch the meeting from the  glass-fronted hospitality area rather than my usual position close to the startline, I did miss the atmosphere except when down on centre green for those last 3 heats - superb. #sweetcaroline :t::t::cheers:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

While Kennett is in Plymouth's declared 1-7 but unfit to ride the facility for a replacement rider remains in place.

Has anyone actually asked Eddie if he's fit to ride?

Maybe thats why Middlo replied like he did in the post-meeting conference last night?!!;)

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Do Oxford fans earn less than Poole supporters, as there were easily a couple of hundred Pirates fans at Cowley on Tuesday.

Not everyone is in that position Steve, it will dictate what people can do and can't do.

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Has anyone actually asked Eddie if he's fit to ride?

Maybe thats why Middlo replied like he did in the post-meeting conference last night?!!;)

What an absolutely pathetic post,"Has anyone asked Eddie if he's fit to ride ". :blink:

2 hours ago, HGould said:

It's not just Poole fans that cheer when a rider falls off, that is a general thing at most clubs. I take it you want Poole back in the other league so as to give your club more chance of winning something,the league would be poorer without us, easily the best supported club in the country, and lots of trophy's to back it up, promotion must be doing something right, so toodle of and slag some other team off 

• Like 2