British Speedway Forum
Gazc

Glasgow v Edinburgh Jubilee Trophy 31st July @3pm

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes. My point was more about it being 6-rider teams. I assume Poole will go without Ablitt which in theory makes them stronger with only the 2 Cook boys having no Sheffield track experience.

Don't know which one it is but one of the Cooks is at Sheffield nearly every week Mechanicing for Jack Holder who I'm sure would pass plenty of knowledge on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes. My point was more about it being 6-rider teams. I assume Poole will go without Ablitt which in theory makes them stronger with only the 2 Cook boys having no Sheffield track experience.

Hard to get neutral venue. At least it’s at a track that is in a different league.

Pairs in the past have been at Glasgow, Workington, Somerset and now this year Oxford  - 2nd tier division tracks.

Could have had a 4TT final with best 2nd place team being the 4th qualifying team.

• Like 1

Well done Glasgow on qualifying 

• Like 3

Hold the final at Northside. Only genuine neutral track about 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So Glasgow prob drop Connor Bailey and Leicester Max Clegg? Or is he doing better than Joe Thompson now? Leicester one not as clear. 

Us or Oxford should definitely be given a headstart of some kind as no Sheffield riders. Maybe Jack Holder could have a ride or something, just to make it fair ;)

I'd be inclined to drop Broc. But it'll be one of Broc or Connor.

Why? Right now Broc is in better form than Connor and Broc was a Sheffield rider before he joined Glasgow.

• Like 3

Broc for me Connor showing very little away from Glasgow he was like a petulant child at Berwick last night in the heat that ended in. 3-0.

Broc has rode for Sheffield. It’s a no brainer. 

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Broc for me Connor showing very little away from Glasgow he was like a petulant child at Berwick last night in the heat that ended in. 3-0.

A season away from Glasgow would do Connor good IMO. Learning a new track and not having the luxury of being carried at times in a strong team could be the push he needs. I still think he needed NL racing somewhere this year despite the lack of meetings, being Belle Vue No8 has proven meaningless.

15 minutes ago, MD said:

A season away from Glasgow would do Connor good IMO. Learning a new track and not having the luxury of being carried at times in a strong team could be the push he needs. I still think he needed NL racing somewhere this year despite the lack of meetings, being Belle Vue No8 has proven meaningless.

Yeah blodorn and etheridge have missed meetings but used Z Cook instead. Defeats the purpose of the no.8 imo. Connor definitely needs more racing, anytime couple weeks off he's off the pace when start again 

18 minutes ago, MD said:

Agreed. 

Ideally I'd suggest a "big" track such as Berwick or Sheffield or Peterborough or Manchester or maybe loan him to our friends at Poole.

Connor isn't going to see much action in August. Three meetings at home to Brum, away at Redcar and Plymouth and that's it. If Tigers are second then their play off semi is unlikely to be before mid September so it could be just three meetings in six weeks. 

Well done Glasgow, best team on the day, (wish we’d got Richard), some good racing. Young Tom & Basso excellent prospects

• Thanks 1

Ulrich has broken his hand in 3 places!