British Speedway Forum
Gazc

Glasgow v Edinburgh Jubilee Trophy 31st July @3pm

Just now, The H Man said:

Ulrich has broken his hand in 3 places!  

What's Claus vissing's number?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Well done Glasgow, best team on the day, (wish we’d got Richard), some good racing. Young Tom & Basso excellent prospects

Brennan has to be dark horse for British Title . iMO. Bewley will be the favourite though.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Ostergaard & Brennan have identical 6.62 aves for August. Makes a big difference who has the higher place in the team deceleration. If it's Ostergaard Glasgow get the choice of guest or r/r (Basso gets a ride), if it's Brennan only r/r allowed (Basso doesn't get a ride).

57 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah blodorn and etheridge have missed meetings but used Z Cook instead. Defeats the purpose of the no.8 imo. Connor definitely needs more racing, anytime couple weeks off he's off the pace when start again 

The number 8 is only really to cover the Rising Star and R/R but I take your point, anything which could reduce the number of mix-and-match guests would get my vote.

My own team.has been built to always have a heavyweight reserve but if that rider got injured and had to be covered by our number eight then thems the breaks.

Reading the comments about who will get dropped for the Jubilee Final, for Poole would 100% be Ablitt, for Glasgow gotta be Connor Bailey, been very poor recently (especially away from Ashfield), for Leicester (if they qualify) would be Joe Thompson for me, he rarely scores anything away from Leicester.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The number 8 is only really to cover the Rising Star and R/R but I take your point, anything which could reduce the number of mix-and-match guests would get my vote.

My own team.has been built to always have a heavyweight reserve but if that rider got injured and had to be covered by our number eight then thems the breaks.

Yeah kind of defeats the purpose to me, in BV situation I'd say probably now be more worried if Tom was missing and having to use Connor in main body (if that's how it works) than replacing for example etheridge. 

Other clubs as you say, Ipswich would need to try and locate Rowe to replace riss now as Hume was the no.8 but as you say if that's the rules...

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

Don't Panic Don't Panic

I'll be there Steve waving me Jolly Roger! :party:

I do agree with you though about having a 3 leg final. Why change the format for the Final?

I'll never ever get me noddle around the inner thinking of the B.S!(PA) when deciding where & when things are held & I include the Championship Riders'Final in that especially now being on a Wednesday. No thought for the supporters at all on that one!

They'll be holding the British Final on a Monday Next!!!!  Oh hang on......but those that miss it will probably see a stronger lineup (ex Bewley) at Poole on 24th!!

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah blodorn and etheridge have missed meetings but used Z Cook instead. Defeats the purpose of the no.8 imo. Connor definitely needs more racing, anytime couple weeks off he's off the pace when start again 

Yeah Lemo has his faves and if you not one of them, you are kinda screwed! If BV gonna use a Cook as a guest last time should have been Ben as Zach wasn't in form then. 

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

Agreed. 

Ideally I'd suggest a "big" track such as Berwick or Sheffield or Peterborough or Manchester or maybe loan him to our friends at Poole.

As long as you're not expecting anyone in return ;)

50 minutes ago, The H Man said:

He should stay away from those places then. :cheers:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Connor isn't going to see much action in August. Three meetings at home to Brum, away at Redcar and Plymouth and that's it. If Tigers are second then their play off semi is unlikely to be before mid September so it could be just three meetings in six weeks. 

Connor in same position as Ben Cook then? Only riding for the one club? I know it was only against Birmingham but for Ben to get paid 16 at Brum and paid max at Poole takes some doing when not getting the extra meetings! 

They both probably jump at the chance for some guest bookings. Maybe Connor will get a call for Tues! 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

What's Claus vissing's number?

6 6 6 lol

28 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

He should stay away from those places then. :cheers:

now , now  . lets all get a grip of the situation on here 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Ostergaard & Brennan have identical 6.62 aves for August. Makes a big difference who has the higher place in the team deceleration. If it's Ostergaard Glasgow get the choice of guest or r/r (Basso gets a ride), if it's Brennan only r/r allowed (Basso doesn't get a ride).

Brennan's average is fractionally higher - 6.621 compared to Ulrich's 6.615.

1 hour ago, The H Man said:

A friend of mine broke his nose in 3 places Red Lion, Kings Head and the Queens Head 

• Haha 1