British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich August 4th

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You should have been winning that especially at home. You won’t get a better chance than that!

Not enough race winners, and dominated at reserve. Could see it coming a mile off unfortunately.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Frederik Jakobsen is coming in for Kerr, Jakobsen was with the team tonight 

See him there,a massive improvement on Kerr but well too late to save our season.

If Kerr is riding tomorrow night he shouldn't be allowed near Lynn again treating the club like that.He has to remember how many years Lynn have stuck by him,when on many,many occasions he could and really should have been dropped from the team.

Onto tonight we never really had one rider stand out to hit a big score,and were totally outscored at reserve which is where we lost it.This team was built to have a strong reserve.Well we will have a strong reserve next week now it's all to late.Well as the fans knew last week after the loss to Wolves"they think it's all over,it is now".They might try to big it up as if we are still in with a shout.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Okay okay,, so I've just been talking quickly to Hume Klindt and Worrall,,, and they said the track wasn't as grippy as it used to be and it wasn't too bad tonight,, Klindt even said it was a little slick and it probably looked grippier watching

The times said it was grippy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

The times said it was grippy

Maybe they have even bigger plumbs than I thought

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Okay okay,, so I've just been talking quickly to Hume Klindt and Worrall,,, and they said the track wasn't as grippy as it used to be and it wasn't too bad tonight,, Klindt even said it was a little slick and it probably looked grippier watching

Times seemed to say it was fairly grippy.There were quite a few times in the 58 secs.Two races only half a second outside the track record.Only ht2 was 60 secs.When the track is slick at Lynn we are normally around the 60 second mark.

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You should have been winning that especially at home. You won’t get a better chance than that!

Quite agree we should be winning at home.The problem tonight is that this team is built to have a decent reserve,and what should have been our strongest reserve tonight cried off.

42 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Quite agree we should be winning at home.The problem tonight is that this team is built to have a decent reserve,and what should have been our strongest reserve tonight cried off.

You were basically riding a 5 man team though and had enough there to be winning that, especially with Doyle not quite his dominant best. Pickering, Jorgensen and Worrall with only one win between them at home is nowhere near good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You were basically riding a 5 man team though and had enough there to be winning that, especially with Doyle not quite his dominant best. Pickering, Jorgensen and Worrall with only one win between them at home is nowhere near good enough. 

Agree and they know that, King and blimmin Batch were gating and winning like gooduns tonight.  On reflection I don't think we should've graded the track during the interval.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not enough race winners, and dominated at reserve. Could see it coming a mile off unfortunately.

Suspected it yes, we were 4 points up going into the interval though ...... went completely wrong after!

With the way king was riding it was always going to be a tough run in. To be honest I expected a worse result in heat 15, but Klindt finally got his act together (according to his Twitter account he'd been having clutch issues). 

We never looked like winning to be honest as we just weren't winning races. We should have done better in heat 13 and Ippo reserves had been mostly ineffectual most of the match (although always in the mix), so to lose heat 14 5-1 was the final nail. 

Edwards rode well in his third ride, giving Doyle a good run for his money, would have been tempted to leave him in his last ride rather than give it to Anderson.

A few reports keep banging on about a weakened Ipswich winning, but the stars were also weakened.

Playoffs now a distant dream. We needed to win at wolves last week and any slim chance has now gone. 

I'll still head down to foxhole next week though so we can get some sort of revenge!

Edited by kelvinht

R/R and Rowe covering for Riss and Barker accumulated a total of 3 points, we done incredibly well to keep that winning run going. King the main reason for that. Good lad is Danny so it’s lovely to see him riding himself back to form. It’s been coming the last few weeks. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

R/R and Rowe covering for Riss and Barker accumulated a total of 3 points, we done incredibly well to keep that winning run going. King the main reason for that. Good lad is Danny so it’s lovely to see him riding himself back to form. It’s been coming the last few weeks. 

Top bloke

Fully deserves to be seeing the fruits of his labour to put things right. An incredible amount of time , effort and determination to sort it out (and at no little cost!)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Top bloke

Fully deserves to be seeing the fruits of his labour to put things right. An incredible amount of time , effort and determination to sort it out (and at no little cost!)

Danny does deserve things to go his way this season,just not against Lynn:D.He was getting blasted a bit at the start of the season especially for his riding at home.

My brother has done occasional spannering in the past for Danny and said the same,a nice likeable chap even if he does ride for the dark side.

His gating last night was the best i have seen him do i think,even after a warning in his first ride.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Danny does deserve things to go his way this season,just not against Lynn:D.He was getting blasted a bit at the start of the season especially for his riding at home.

My brother has done occasional spannering in the past for Danny and said the same,a nice likeable chap even if he does ride for the dark side.

His gating last night was the best i have seen him do i think,even after a warning in his first ride.

Yes, just a huge shame he races for Ipswich ....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Trees said:

Agree and they know that, King and blimmin Batch were gating and winning like gooduns tonight.  On reflection I don't think we should've graded the track during the interval.

You were unlucky to a degree. Batch changed bikes after his first 2 rides. If he'd have stayed on his first bike you'd have probably won. Once he swapped he was unbeaten the rest of the night. sometimes it's just little things that can make big differences.

Well that’s lynn season over. Top 4 cemented now for me. Far to early in the season for that to happen aswell 

• Like 1