British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich August 4th

So the club replaces a rider who couldn’t commit to a full British season Iversen with another rider who couldn’t commit to a full British Season Klindt And then we replace a British rider who HAD  committed to a full British Season Kerr with yet another who can’t do a full British season Jacobsen - That just about sums British speedway up putting a Brit out of a job who put the UK first with rider that I just become available as his club is out of play offs and wants to top his bank balance up . 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Well it’s clear now why Kerr didn’t ride in yesterdays defeat v Ipswich.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Haza said:

So the club replaces a rider who couldn’t commit to a full British season Iversen with another rider who couldn’t commit to a full British Season Klindt And then we replace a British rider who HAD  committed to a full British Season Kerr with yet another who can’t do a full British season Jacobsen - That just about sums British speedway up putting a Brit out of a job who put the UK first with rider that I just become available as his club is out of play offs and wants to top his bank balance up . 

I get your point too a degree but Kerr has done nothing for years now riding at Lynn, there has too be a point in the road where enoughs enough regardless of nationality 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

You are right, the UK is way down the pecking order, in large part due to the Polish restrictions but for reasons of our own making too. While I see your point about Kerr he hasn't been good enough and can't complain about being dropped, the Play Offs are obviously long gone but I applaud the club for not wanting to let the season  fizzle out, there is a cup to win and they owe it to those who turn up to try and win the league matches that are left. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You are right, the UK is way down the pecking order, in large part due to the Polish restrictions but for reasons of our own making too. 

Which is why Jason Doyle for example is worth his weight in gold. Not only turns up every week, but gives it 100% in every single meeting he’s here. We’ve had other top class riders dip their toes in of course, but you never really got the feeling they were giving it 100%. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've never liked Doyle,, but I tell ya what,,, having watched him week in week out,,, I've changed my mind.  

• Like 3

Wasn’t there supposed to be a Premiership junior league meeting last night? Heard no mention of it and nothing took place 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

All riders want to top up their bank balance.Do you think Kerr would have committed to a full season if he was good enough to ride in the foreign leagues.He stayed here as to be quite frank he isn't nowhere near good enough to ride abroad.He would have done the same as the riders like Jacobsen and Klindt earning as much money as is possible to look after their families.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a Premiership junior league meeting last night? Heard no mention of it and nothing took place 

Wolverhampton v Belle Vue on the 20 June is the only one that has been staged, so the competition must have been cancelled again, without supporter's being advised  by the BSPL  

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

See him there,a massive improvement on Kerr but well too late to save our season.

If Kerr is riding tomorrow night he shouldn't be allowed near Lynn again treating the club like that.He has to remember how many years Lynn have stuck by him,when on many,many occasions he could and really should have been dropped from the team.

Onto tonight we never really had one rider stand out to hit a big score,and were totally outscored at reserve which is where we lost it.This team was built to have a strong reserve.Well we will have a strong reserve next week now it's all to late.Well as the fans knew last week after the loss to Wolves"they think it's all over,it is now".They might try to big it up as if we are still in with a shout.

So when your told your being sacked , but please ride in the next match and be happy about it. 
Really ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redpanther said:

I get your point too a degree but Kerr has done nothing for years now riding at Lynn, there has too be a point in the road where enoughs enough regardless of nationality 

True but is that point towards the end of the season when any chance of the play offs have gone?

27 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So when your told your being sacked , but please ride in the next match and be happy about it. 
Really ?

Lewi has had 10 years at Lynn. I doubt if any other club would of been that loyal to him. We have stuck by him over the years when i think many clubs would maybe moved him on.  We gave him his testimonial this season as well. Being a professional, i would of thought he would of turned up, say goodbye to the fans and rode his arse off to show that the manager got it wrong.

23 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

True but is that point towards the end of the season when any chance of the play offs have gone?

They have gone. But we are in a cup final, and our loyal fans who keep spending their hard earned money deserve to see the team winning meetings.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I think so yes because surely it would only annoy Lynn fans more and more as time goes on him not being good enough and still there, I feel like that about some of our team…

51 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Really ?

Karma coming to the Estate Agent and KL after the way they treated Mulford

51 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Really ?

Depends on the individual really, if his head isn't right after being released then you can understand him declining to ride but a different personality might want to earn the money and put in a performance to prove the management wrong.

But as he is injured its moot I guess ;)