British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Are Running In 2023

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Based on this post I would definitely rule you out:t:

I wasn't applying for the job. Why do you have to be offensive?

So the club announced some good news & some bunch of grumpy old gits look for a negative. Why?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

So the club announced some good news & some bunch of grumpy old gits look for a negative. Why?

Thts just the way with some ppl love bring things down

Had to take riders left on the shelf for 2022 and many of them injury-prone through their careers, so no surprise the way it's panned out with the team. 

The manager needs to dial down the volume on the "unlucky" theme music because it starts to get too repetitive and can become self-fulfilling and it could put potential sponsors off.

Hopefully there haven't been problems with riders being paid this year, and that there will be tighter top-end team building restrictions brought in for 2023 to help level the playing field in the championship 

Great news... this forum would be a hell of a lot quieter without all of the Birmingham fiascos :lol:.

• Haha 2

Lee Kilby would be a good manager, even Rosco if Swindon aren't running.

• Like 1

Great news for the Brummies, hopefully 2023, will see a new complete team built and not based around riders who have previously rode for the Brummies, Shanes, Morris, Castagna no thankyou, not even Harris or Ellis, start afresh and let the Brum fans choose their own hero,like Blue jam said earlier the last hero was Jason Lyons, have Brummies had anyone so popular since, I don't think so, give Brummies a decent team capable of challenging for honours the fans will turn up, give them rubbish no one will turn up, that's why I say don't build a team around people like the ones I have mentioned, it needs to be a fresh start and that Includes the present team manager a new manager with fresh ideas is needed , they are simply not good enough and always use the same excuses when things are not good, the fans are sick of seeing a team built on previous failures 

Edited by Gerbat1875
  • Like 2

This is great news, have they agreed a deal with the landlords for 2023 ?As a little side note regards the TM job, I was offered the team managers job at Birmingham by Graham Dury a few years ago now, I turned it down as it’s not something that interests me and he then got Phil morris in 

6 hours ago, Big Al said:

Had to take riders left on the shelf for 2022 and many of them injury-prone through their careers, so no surprise the way it's panned out with the team. 

The manager needs to dial down the volume on the "unlucky" theme music because it starts to get too repetitive and can become self-fulfilling and it could put potential sponsors off.

Hopefully there haven't been problems with riders being paid this year, and that there will be tighter top-end team building restrictions brought in for 2023 to help level the playing field in the championship 

I am sure there will be! I am certainly not expecting Poole to keep all their HLs, maybe just one of them or 2 if we are lucky! 

Great news to hear that Birmingham are continuing next season.

No more walking under ladders or black cat's crossing ur path.

:t:

25 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

This is great news, have they agreed a deal with the landlords for 2023 ?As a little side note regards the TM job, I was offered the team managers job at Birmingham by Graham Dury a few years ago now, I turned it down as it’s not something that interests me and he then got Phil morris in 

Wow...

Could have been a true "Sliding Doors' moment that one Dean...

Whoi knows...

If you had said "yes" maybe it could be you now over watering, and over grading GP tracks each fortnight or so,  just when they start to produce good racing.....:D

19 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wow...

Could have been a true "Sliding Doors' moment that one Dean...

Whoi knows...

If you had said "yes" maybe it could be you now over watering, and over grading GP tracks each fortnight or so,  just when they start to produce good racing.....:D

Or the moaners could be calling you a incapable idiot who needs to be sacked.