British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Redcar v Scunthorpe Jubilee cup 5/8/22

Early rider news in a meeting were Scunthorpe need a pt to qualify for the later stages of the Jubilee cup

Redcar - Danny King replaces Erik Riss as a guest 

Scunthorpe - Ander Rowe replaces Zaine Kennedy at reserve and the Scorpions will use R/R for Jake Allen 

This meeting is too close to call just hoping no more injuries for both sides in the season’s remaining fixtures 

39 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Early rider news in a meeting were Scunthorpe need a pt to qualify for the later stages of the Jubilee cup

Scunthorpe - Ander Rowe replaces Zaine Kennedy at reserve and the Scorpions will use R/R for Jake Allen 

This meeting is too close to call just hoping no more injuries for both sides in the season’s remaining fixtures 

Danny King is a good guest booking however some astute work from Mr Godfrey to get Anders Rowe in as the guest real shame about Jake Allen scaphoid injuries are notorious for taking a long time to heal because of the low blood supply to the area and regularity of complications which seems to be happening here 

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Don't they need two (I.e. a draw)?

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Don't they need two (I.e. a draw)?

Yes thats what I make it or 1 each at Redcar and Leicester 

4 minutes ago, archie21 said:

Yes thats what I make it or 1 each at Redcar and Leicester 

It depends on points difference 

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Lewy Kerr missing tonight in the Premiership due to collarbone injury , will he be fit for tomorrow ??

I would not bet against him being fit. What with the recuperative powers, of the Teesside air and all.

Aren't Kings Lynn making another change soon? 

Fredrik Jakobsen is coming into replace (Rumoured to be Kerr) so wouldn't be surprised if he'd refused to ride tonight and the injury is just a cover up. It is British Speedway after all. This is why riders should have to serve a 7 day suspension after missing meetings to stop this sort of thing.

Edited by Fozzie4388

5 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

It depends on points difference 

Sorry but I disagree Leicester on 4 pts have to ride against Scunthorpe at home giving them a possible 7 points max.

Scunthorpe have 2 meetings Redcar and Leister both away, and are on 6 points. A draw at Redcar will give them 8 points.Even if Scunthorpe 

loose both meetings by 6 they get 2 points taking them to 8. before point difference comes in 

Edited by archie21

3 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Aren't Kings Lynn making another change soon? Is Kerr the one to go? Is it just an excuse? Who knows this is British Speedway after all.

Oh such a cynical view, (tongue firmly wedged in cheek).

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

Sorry but I disagree Leicester on 4 pts have to ride against Scunthorpe at home giving them a possible 7 points max.

Scunthorpe have 2 meetings Redcar and Leister both away, and are on 6 points. A draw at Redcar will give them 8 points.Even if Scunthorpe 

loose both meetings by 6 they get 2 points taking them to 8. before point difference comes in 

However if Scunthorpe get one point from the 2 meetings it will come down to points difference 

Any weather updates from locals please as  national forecast for the area is heavy showers.:t:

C'mon the Bears do the bizzo over Scunny especially with Pirate Danny guesting for you tonight. Although I'm not a Lion me local speedway mates are all Lions so a win by more than 6pts over the Scorpions will be most welcome for them. Cheers in advance :t:

Metcheck  and BBC saying heavy localised showers-that's why I am asking locals not someone way down south!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1